2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you all happy with your climate control? I am still driving a courtesy car 1.4 and today I had the temp set to Lo with the fan switched to full and I can honestly say it was not cold I was still roasting!!! Never really had the need to use the climate control in my Civic and am wondering if its faulty in the 1.4 or if its just rubbish :? the air con in my focus was better!!

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Mine gets REALLY cold. Too cold.

Still reckon the drivers fan in the dash is in th wrong place though.

A ball style one like in the Ford Fiesta would be better.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this one must be faulty, I was getting worried that was the coldest it gets, I noticed too that when you switch to foot and top mode the two centre vents have practically no air coming out of them at all even with the fan on full! I suppose I should tell the dealer when it goes back but they are gonna think all I do is moan :oops: I find it a bit worrying that it could be faulty - another problem car!

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I have to agree with gissing on this one, the climate control gets very coldddd.... True the vents could be better placed, but how would that fit in with the lay out of the dash?

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
I'm sure the 1.4 has aircon rather than climate control. Sounds like the unit may be faulty. If it's a courtesy car though, I doubt they will be too bothered about it.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Mine's been running on LO since I got it, nice and cold, come to think about it I should maybe try HI to test it ;)

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
How long does it take for the climate control to start cooling the car? Do you have to open the windows first to wait for it to start working? And does anyone have experience with both the glass roof and normal one? Does the glass roof make the car a lot hotter when parked in direct sunlight?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
The climate control is quite a good one. As with all cars it's a good idea to open the windows for a few seconds to blow the hot air out. When it's really hot inside it puts the system into recirc for a few minutes and blows like it's on LO until the temperature starts to get under control, then it eases off as it gets closer to the selected temperature.

The heat inside a car comes from black interior that has sun on it. So long as the blinds on the glass roof are closed, it should be no different to the standard car.

·
您看了
456 Posts
Agree with pottsy. I pretty much leave mine on auto set between 18 or 20. Let the car sort it out and it's usually to temp in a minute or so (using recirc if it needs to.

The only time I change this is if my girlfriend wants to be a bit warmer then she just flicks the climate to "dual" and has whatever temp she wants on her side for a while.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Whats the difference between auto mode, and having the a/c on and setting a temperature?

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Auto also decides where to blow it, how hard to blow it, it blows to feet for the first few seconds (to avoid sending residual moisture to the windscreen) and it uses the recirc function when it's really hot.

Manual, with a temp set, will try to maintain the temp with the given fan speed and direction.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Yes I leave mine on auto, let it do its own thing.

Keeps the interior very very comfotable. :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts