2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is my first post since acquiring a 10g Civic diesel last October. I have a question about the climate control display - when you press the Climate button below the touch screen, the A/C is not shown as either on or off. If you press 'on' or 'off' the word lights up. But it doesn't seem to remember this if you've turned the car off and on a few times the display shows A/C neither on or off again. I've seen a similar question asked on the 8g forum.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed it and had something done about it. I drive the car with the climate control in auto and it does a reasonable job. I dont want the A/C to seize up so I would like to be assured that it is turning on and off when needed.

The car is booked in for some checks next week and i'm wondering whether to mention it or not. May ask to check A/C for leaks while under warranty.

Thanks,
Richard

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,376 Posts
When you press said button with the CC in Auto, the display does not reflect the current state of things. Why not is totally beyond me.
As soon as you touch anything it takes it off auto and shows what's happening, sort of.
The thing to do is set it to auto, set your required temp and forget all about it.
If the recirc light is on, it's pretty safe to assume that the A/C is cooling (drying the air for demist).
Just leave it in auto with a possible boost by pressing the demist button in the morning to clear the early misting. This boosts the fan, switches on the A/C and directs the air to the screen.

The A/C switches on and off as required and is not like a manual system whereby users switch it off all winter and then wonder why they have problems the first time they actually need it.

·
Super Moderator
3,376 Posts
Look fancy and sound silly. Who the hell in their right mind talks to a car? At least you don't have to address him as Alexa, Cortana, or Ok Google.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turns out the air con is faulty on the car. New condenser to be fitted under warranty along with a new grill (on back order) to stop the front parking sensor going off when raining.

·
Super Moderator
3,376 Posts
I was wrong in post 2. :eek:The current status IS shown when you press the CC button.
Post #2 amended

Was the condenser leaking or something? The new grille will fix the front sensors (Well, it did mine anyway).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not to worry. Apparently yes it was leaking. It's been too cold to notice it not blowing cold, but there was a faint scraping noise which I was suspicious of when reading other posts. Thing is the courtesy civic this morning wasnt showing air con on or off either...

·
Super Moderator
3,376 Posts
When I pressed the button yesterday, it indicated about 1/2 fan, air into footwell which seemed correct, but can't remember about the A/C On/Off. Just been out and had another look and the only indication was fan min. (Auto and Sync lights lit). I'll have yet another look in the morning when I go out and the car has warmed up.
I have a feeling that I might be making more changes to previous posts tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I tried on the way home. If you have the auto light on & press the AC button the screen doesn't have either AC on or AC off lit. Pressing on turns off auto and pressing auto goes back to having neither AC on or AC off lit

·
Super Moderator
3,376 Posts
If that were true then it would show OFF when the car 'thought' it to be unnecessary.
Who cares anyway. Set it to auto and forget about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's just in auto when ac display is neither on or off. As my AC is awaiting repair it isn't in auto and when I started it this morning the off tab was lit up. So I'm happy 🙂

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone experienced a problem where when the temp is set on 23 or above, there is warm air blowing out of the passenger side center vent? All other vents blow cold air except that.
when I turn down the temp to around 22 or below, it blows cool air on all vents.
anyone know the reason?
I live in Sri Lanka which is a very warm country so the ac is always used to cool the cabin and never do we need heaters.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts