2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, after 18 months of daily parking my 180cm wide car into a 190cm garage I've clipped the bumper. I couldn't just damage one part, or two parts, I've damaged all three parts of the bumper and wheel arch trim.

A new wheel arch trim is nearly £90. That will hide the worst of it.

However I've scuffed the "FACE, FR, BUMPER UPPER" as well. Which is not as cheap. £135 in fact.

Adding insult to injury I clipper the lower half of the bumper on the edge too.

"FACE, BUMPER LOWER" with a cost of £217!

Parts 1 and 2 on this page.

Suggestions for options for changing the lower part of the grill? Might as well get something different! I've looked into the GP Kit and Type R Kits. Photos to follow for the vultures later, for now cue the abuse...

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See attached photos taken earlier tonight.

Wheel arch has taken the brunt and I'm happy I can easily replace that. However frustratingly I clipped both top and bottom half of the bumper. :(

Wish I hadn't marked the upper one.... !!!!

Attachments

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually doesn't look that bad in the light of day. May even be able to polish it out, will be giving it a try this weekend.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
TBH John it may just need a rub down and flashing over by a paint shop. See how you get on polishing out first. Kind of similar damage to that I had left by some kind soul on a car park last year! I got it sprayed.

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Right, after 18 months of daily parking my 180cm wide car into a 190cm
How do you get out once in the garage!

I did exactly the same thing (swmbo did it really but I had to change it) a few months back with a spanking new GP kit lower and wheel arch - so gutted was only on a few weeks:( Spending the same again is a killer.

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do you get out once in the garage!

I did exactly the same thing (swmbo did it really but I had to change it) a few months back with a spanking new GP kit lower and wheel arch - so gutted was only on a few weeks:( Spending the same again is a killer.
In reality it is a car port, as there is no door and one side has an opening which the driver door lines up with if I go in forward. Might be best explained with a photo!

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TBH John it may just need a rub down and flashing over by a paint shop. See how you get on polishing out first. Kind of similar damage to that I had left by some kind soul on a car park last year! I got it sprayed.
At least I only have myself to blame, I'd be more annoyed not knowing who did it. I'll try to put up a photo later today but it looks a lot less serious than it sounded and looked last night. Spray would be cheaper than replacing the full bumper I guess.

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Attached a photo in the light of day. Will attack it this weekend.

Nasty stuff fella - remember start with a well prepped surface and go for the least aggressive polish first - in the pic it looks as tho you will be able to really tidy that up maybe not remove it but make a big difference.

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
descent body shop , £120 tops as it only needs minor prep and blending in and re-lacquer .
I'd be happy with that tbh. I need to do time research for local body shops this weekend it seems.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts