2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone could help?

I've just purchased a Honda Civic CDTI EX 2006 and the clock displays the wrong time... I've been through the settings on the sat nag but that displays the correct time but it's not syncing in with main dashboard display... I've spoken to Honda and they inform me that they work automatically but something's up.. Any advice would be greatly received...

Brand new to the forum today

·
iVTEC, do you?
428 Posts
Wattsy,

Just seen your Bluetooth post. Honda are right, the time and the satnav are linked! With this problem and your Bluetooth problem, I fear you may have a bigger issue.

Now I see why Honda wanted £900, sounds like they want to replace the head unit!

I don't know enough to diagnose this issue, but hopefully someone here will be able to help more than I.

Sent from Tapatalk using iPhone

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
Not sure what the problem is but sounds like they will need to dismantle most of the dash. This is where the expense comes in. The part itself probably isn't alot in comparison.
I know its was a different car but in a w plate saab 9-3 i had a temperature sensor fail. Part was £60 i believe. Dash removal was £500 minimum ( not exactly sure of prices as i had it fixed with 2 days left of my warranty. Therefore free!)
if you can find out what they want to replace and you have time on your hands might be worth a diy. Will save you a fortune. Or get another garage which charges less labour rates to replace the part.

Sent by me, using tapatalk 2

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your posts...

I obviously hope they are not linked... The only thing that makes me think they are niot is that the previous owner was quoted £900 just for the Bluetooth and didn't mention anything about the clock...

I think I was look into this more but appreciate any post /ino given

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can adjust the clock manually in the diagnostics menu?

Hold Map, Menu and Back simultaneously for a few seconds to access it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ii will try this.. On the sat nav I can change the time but this is not updating the main clock on the dashboard which both myself and Honda don't get...

They want to strip something in order to find the problem as its not obvious

1 - 6 of 6 Posts