2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 2007 Civic has anyone had issues where (what appears to be) a loss of power. The screen a has been flickering for some time now and has started switching off all together now. Any solutions would be great

regards

·
Registered
92 Posts
Probably in the 8th gen section you could receive help quicker...
;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does the radio pop through the speakers. From what I have found with a lot of research is its the radio at fault.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I found a 2nd hand one on eBay for £80, Honda main dealer quoted me nearly £1100 for stereo and labour to fit ha. Unfortunately it is a pretty big job to remove it I think there's a thread on here of how to. You have to remove a lot of the dash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks for your help. Must say I'm surprised that I need to replace a whole radio unit when it's a the display screen is playing up. Driving it today and it was of course doing it again. Gave it a good old fashion whack and it lighted up again. Not fixed but I thought it would be a loose wire or something?

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Yeah I read others have changed the display which has fixed it also. Does your radio work still?

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Ahh I see well my radio wasn't working at all. More likely it's the display screen that has gone then. Have you checked for any blown fuses?

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
hi, if u need a radio. i will have one spare by friday. its being replaced by amdouble din :). full working and very good condition. £70 plus delivery, or collection. pm me if u will want it and ill start a sale thread.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll check the fuses. Many thanks. It either flickers, goes dim, working fine or not all. Very annoying so you think a fuse could at fault?

Fingers crossed

·
Registered
25 Posts
hi, if u need a radio. i will have one spare by friday. its being replaced by amdouble din :). full working and very good condition. £70 plus delivery, or collection. pm me if u will want it and ill start a sale thread.
Where abouts are you mate?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts