2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clonking noise while driving over small pot holes or uneven roads. Seems to be coming from front round about under the gear stick has anyone else had this?

Thanks in advanced for any feedback

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
Hi mate,

I had a knocking noise when going slowly over speed bumps and pot holes too. Based on info I found on this forum I diagnosed it to be the front ARB bushes and drop links. I changed them myself on Saturday and the knocking noise stopped.

Have a look around the forum for these things, there will be plenty of threads about the topic.

Hope you get it sorted. :)

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
I had a knock from the front and changed my drop links and that sorted mine, I you think its coming from about the gear stick it might well be your ARB bushes like RosscoMac said as they are more central.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replacing the ab bushes just now have it jacked up and wheels off there seems to be a bit of play in the drive shaft both sides maybe 3-4 mm is this normal?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replacing the ab bushes just now have it jacked up and wheels off there seems to be a bit of play in the drive shaft both sides maybe 3-4 mm is this normal?
I am having the same nose but coming from the lower right. previously had this and it was the arb drop link, honda fixed it as it was during a busy time and a service but i am jacking it up tonight.

any good suggestions for where to get authentic but cheap replacement parts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts