2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 09 plate fn2, getting its first mot tomorrow from local stealer.
tomorrow will be the third trip in 2 months as i try to resolve issues foc under warranty.
i had the usual creaking suspension from cold and two new rear shocks solved the problem.
but ive still got problems with clunking from the rear, more so when im turning right, to describe the problem, you'd think i had something heavy in the boot that clunks around as i turn.
it was in at honda last week and they said they checked everything but couldnt find it, they were running out of time so i have to go back tomorrow, but was assured the car was safe to drive.
anyone had any of these clunking issues,
thanks for reading

·
regrets his username
7,981 Posts
Does it only happen when turning right could be steering rack, I'm sure I read they can have issues, or the subframe I know that you get a knock from this, I got a knock/kick when parking and only when turning the wheel to the right, I found out today the subframe was loose (another known fault) it's been tightened and no more noise, cv joint is another one I had a knock on my golf turned out to be a cv joint, get on your back and give the exhaust a shake as well could be a mount. Or have you checked in those side compartments in your boot see if anything is in them or the 2nd compartment under your main boot, I'm not saying your stupid but if you haven't checked it may be worth checking as I've found dealers quite dense when it comes to the fn2s.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it only happen when turning right could be steering rack, I'm sure I read they can have issues, or the subframe I know that you get a knock from this, I got a knock/kick when parking and only when turning the wheel to the right, I found out today the subframe was loose (another known fault) it's been tightened and no more noise, cv joint is another one I had a knock on my golf turned out to be a cv joint, get on your back and give the exhaust a shake as well could be a mount. Or have you checked in those side compartments in your boot see if anything is in them or the 2nd compartment under your main boot, I'm not saying your stupid but if you haven't checked it may be worth checking as I've found dealers quite dense when it comes to the fn2s.
cheers for the response, ive had the booot emptied and it still clunks especially on roundabouts.
good shout on the subframe, i usually always get me mate to look after my cars but he's mega busy and its under warranty anyway.
if they cant sort it tomorrow, itll be round to my mates and it wont stump him

1 - 5 of 5 Posts