2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have started hearing a clunk, apparently from my front left wheel, when I go over bumps at speed. This started happening last weekend.

I have 4 bumps to go over every time I enter/exit my residential area, and the access road's speed limit is 15mph. If I take a bump at 10mph or less, I don't hear a clunk. When I first noticed the clunk, I tried going at my usual 13-15mph on that road and got a clunk on 2 of the 4 bumps.

The car otherwise seems to be driving fine, and steering is OK - I need to do lock to lock while parking due to tight space, and don't get any concerning noises (all smooth through the steering). Also, I had a service in August and an MOT in late September, neither of which reported any problems.

I've read in these forums about older 8Gs having trouble with the drop links, but my car (62 reg, bought just over a year ago) has just under 30K miles - a bit early for that to go, surely? :serious: Would this be the same thing, or are there other causes for this noise?

Any knowledge about whether suspension trouble would be covered under the extended warranty, or is it a wear and tear thing?

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Hi,

I have started hearing a clunk, apparently from my front left wheel, when I go over bumps at speed. This started happening last weekend.

I have 4 bumps to go over every time I enter/exit my residential area, and the access road's speed limit is 15mph. If I take a bump at 10mph or less, I don't hear a clunk. When I first noticed the clunk, I tried going at my usual 13-15mph on that road and got a clunk on 2 of the 4 bumps.

The car otherwise seems to be driving fine, and steering is OK - I need to do lock to lock while parking due to tight space, and don't get any concerning noises (all smooth through the steering). Also, I had a service in August and an MOT in late September, neither of which reported any problems.

I've read in these forums about older 8Gs having trouble with the drop links, but my car (62 reg, bought just over a year ago) has just under 30K miles - a bit early for that to go, surely? :serious: Would this be the same thing, or are there other causes for this noise?

Any knowledge about whether suspension trouble would be covered under the extended warranty, or is it a wear and tear thing?
That age and mileage it could easily be a drop link (also known as an anti roll bar link). On the plus side they are cheaper than most suspension parts.

My old focus used to need the drop links replacing every year

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts