2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked the car up from being at the airport where it had been for 2 weeks. On driving away and then braking gently, I noticed a clunk - clunking from the back [in time with the revolution of the wheels]. Thought it was probably surface rust or a 'sticking' calliper, I braked hard a few times. 100 miles on and its still doing it so went to dealer this afternoon. Said it was probably a faulty disc and that both rear + pads would probably need replacing. Unsure whether the pads would be covered by warranty. They will contact Honda and get back to me. Car has covered 20,000 miles. Mechanic said he had had this on CR-V's but - until me - not on Civics. Anyone else had similar problem, if so what was the outcome?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had this with my civic when I took it out a test drive at the dealer, said that it was because it had just came off the trailer just before I took it out, however bought the car and have now notice I need new rear pads, trying to find some on the intenet as Honda charges are daft!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts