2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have as some of you know been chasing a clunking noise on my Honda Civic ES 2.2 I-ctdi. For quite some time, I changed drop links on front, front anti roll bar bushings, rear dampers and rear trailing arm bushes, the clunking is very much reduced but still is there and it appears to be at the rear, I’m all out of guesses now as to what the hell is causing this, there is no ball joints as I can see at the rear of the car so I’m totally flummoxed now as to what it is. As a thought could it be the exhaust although when surveying under rear all did look good with brackets and rubber brackets etc. Any ideas are gonna be better than mine guys

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Are you sure that you tightened all the nut & bolts to correct torque on the rear?
Silly question perhaps but easy to overlook if you did it all by hand.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure that you tightened all the nut & bolts to correct torque on the rear?
Silly question perhaps but easy to overlook if you did it all by hand.
Hi Wilma, yes torques are correct and rechecked them recently

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
another silly thing to consider is
nothing loose in boot or rear footwell is there
exhaust mounts and so on
you wouldn't believe the amount that chase similar faults to find its something rolling round in boot

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Check your exhust sheild from middle to back - its tends to rust around the bolt then start rattling = use some washers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts