2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, had my 9th Gen for 3 months now and all is going well, but my one thing that I would change is the biting point on the clutch. It bites really low, and I'm wondering if it's a straight forward job to get a bit of adjustment so I can get a smoother change. Car has done 10k 2016, 1.8 petrol. Cheers in advance!!

·
Super Moderator
2,082 Posts
do you know if its had the clutch/flywheel replaced under warranty
ive just had mine done and I thought afterwards the clutch was softer and lower biting point
if yours is still under warranty its worth a try asking dealer to see if they can adjust it
mind you mine is 1.6 diesel so different clutch/flywheel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pretty sure that its not been changed as it had done only 7k when I got it! Can live with it if not, but is it a characteristic of the car that it has a low biting point?

·
Registered
42 Posts
No pretty sure that its not been changed as it had done only 7k when I got it! Can live with it if not, but is it a characteristic of the car that it has a low biting point?
No it's not - my dads 9th gen has a beautiful clutch biting point, it's a 2013, currently on 44k miles.

My 8th gen however is horrible and currently at a garage having a new clutch fitted as the low biting point had made the car unusable. Thats a 2009 on 75k.

They can be adjusted via the rear of the pedal, but in all honesty if it's still in warrenty get it looked at properly.

It's strange it's doing that at 10k miles, Was it like that when you first got it at 7k?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's always been like this, but I've found that ecomode is far easier to drive so it's on this at the moment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts