2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Refreshing the clutch fluid makes a massive difference to pedal feel and helpes with missed shifts. The reservoir is tiny so gets dirty quickly.

Did my sister's Jazz today and the fluid was black and gloopy, yuck! Gravity bled as was on my own, took about 45 mines to run clear.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My fluid is black so needs a change. I've got a mityvac vacuum pump I used on bike brakes. Any problems pulling the fluid out the bleed nipple rather than pushing it via the pedal?
Just me so no assistance.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've now got a pressure bleeder. You can't easily get a Honda attachment. So got some Honda reservoir caps from the breakers and hi flow quick connectors to make my own up.

OTT for the clutch but looking forward to doing the brakes. Will also make one up for my bike which definitely has a stubborn air pocket somewhere.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got mine booked in at a local garage. Dont fancy trying to do it on my own. Bit of a pain to sort if I **** it up.

·
Super Moderator
1,409 Posts
Honda dealers only charge £40 all in - Honda fixed price repairs - some are not that expensive & compare well to indies.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts