2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I was in a Drive through, I must've been in the line for about 5 minutes. Before this, the car had been parked for about 20 minutes. I got to the front and I started to smell a really horrible burning smell. My clutch was disengaged fully. I thought it was burning rubber at first, but have since been told it was clutch. It started to smoke from the engine bay, coming out just to the left of the battery tray from the bottom of the bay. Since then I only seem to be able to smell it when I am in traffic. I wouldn't say that I ride the clutch in traffic, but I do keep the clutch disengaged usually. There is no slipping from the clutch, I can pull away quickly and it can take the power when I put it through the clutch.
Any ideas what this could be?
I have just had the car in the air and removed the under tray, and can notice the smell coming from underneath the bell housing (out of a little hole)

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,920 Posts
Maybe it isn't quite disengaging fully, even when the pedal is fully depressed? This can happen if there is a hydraulic system problem, such as air has got in and needs bleeding out.

Any problems engaging reverse with the engine running?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Possibly. However wouldn't that happen slowly over time, not suddenly? I've had no problems getting reverse, no.
When it happened first with the smoke, I couldn't get it into first if I recall correctly. I didn't try any other gears as I saw the smoke so immediately killed the engine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts