2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.2 CDTI 57 reg, bought May 2011 at 36,000 miles. I had no problems with but decided to get it remapped by Celtic in December 2011 . . . Now I'm beginning to notice occasional clutch slip, mostly in 6th when putting foot down at 50mphish.

I have the extended warrenty on the car for 12months, so popped in to see Honda today. They would be willing to take my clutch out and have a look at it, if the clutch slipping is found to be a manufactoring problem as so many are, then they shall replace it free of charge.

However if they find that the clutch is slipping because of wear and tear they shall charge me £280 for the labour involved in taking a look. Naturally I wouldn't then let them fit another failing Honda Clutch but would instead go to CG.

So my choices are:

1) Go for and hope that previous owner wasn't a tool, riding the clutch and has worn it out. Maybe get a free one or be £280 worse off and my car still in the same state to then have to go pay CG £900.

2) Or just go to CG and shell out £900 never knowing if I could have had a one for free from Honda.

Hmmmmm

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Get an updated clutch - Especially with a remap. Don't think Honda would give you a new clutch FOC when they know you've got a remap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.