·
Registered
7 Posts
Car: 2007 2.2 i-CTDI SE
Mileage: 62,000
Fixed under warranty? No
Cost of repair? Ditched the car
Clutch pedal misalignment acknowledged by dealer? N/A

Car used for work and 90% of mileage is in 6th gear on the motorway so the 60k miles does not equate to much clutch usage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Car: 2006 1.8 ES i-shift
Mileage: 35,000
Fixed under warranty? Yes
Cost of repair?
Clutch pedal misalignment acknowledged by dealer? N/A - YES IT'S A SEMI-AUTOMATIC with a bad gear change so Honda changed the clutch free.
Many people on the forum have had clutch problems with manual cars - even low mileage. The dealer can blame bad driving style- surely not on a semi-automatic with 35,000 miles? The cost when the warranty ends is worrying - a small garage may be able to change a clutch on a manual but who will know how to fix an i-shift?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Car: 2.2 Diesel EX
Mileage: 40k
Fixed under warranty? Ongoing
Cost of repair? Ongoing
Clutch pedal misalignment acknowledged by dealer? Currently Dont accept there is a problem

·
Registered
32 Posts
Car: 07/2006 2.2 EX
Mileage: 35350
Fixed under warranty? Car went in today - Dealer said they will change under warranty...
Cost of repair? hopefully nothing
Car: 07/2006 2.2 EX
Mileage: 35350
Fixed under warranty? YES!!!
Cost of repair? Nothing!! :D :cool:

·
Diesel Demon
502 Posts
Car: 06/2006 2.2 Sport
Mileage: 68000
Fixed under warranty? Refused, so far....
Cost of repair? TBA
Clutch pedal misalignment acknowledged by dealer? YES

·
Registered
5 Posts
Car: 2006 (56) 2.2 ES
Mileage: 26,000
Fixed under warranty? Yes.
Cost of repair? None
Clutch pedal misalignment acknowledged by dealer? N/A.

It's in with the dealer now. Will be fixed under warranty. The replacement part is under back order with a three week lead time (so there must be some demand!).

·
2.2 CDTi ES
84 Posts
Car: 2006 2.2 CDTi
Mileage: 64,000
Fixed under warranty? No (Standard warranty, so no consumables)
Cost of repair? £1070 (but I aim to get it done elsewhere)
Clutch pedal misalignment acknowledged by dealer? No

·
Registered
17 Posts
Car: 1.8 Sport, July 2007
Mileage: 50000 km
Fixed under warranty? Yes - master cylinder replaced at about 20000km. Now waiting for second master cylinder (already ordered)
Cost of repair? Free
Clutch pedal misalignment acknowledged by dealer? Yes

·
Registered
39 Posts
Car: 2.2 diesel, September 07
Mileage: 39.900
Fixed under warranty? not yet mentioned to dealer. Slippig clutch since beginning in some cases and extreme acceleration.
Cost of repair?
Clutch pedal misalignment acknowledged by dealer?
car was in for regular change of oil, filters etc.

Technician did not notice any slipping under his driving. AVG went to 9.5 L under his testing. Clutch not disassembled.
He was suspicious that my car, has chip-remap to 180PS!
But it doesn't.
:(

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Car: 1.8 Sport, Jan 2008
Mileage: Current mileage 17.4k (28000Km)
Fixed under warranty? they're working on it...it's in the dealer
Cost of repair? n/k
Clutch pedal misalignment acknowledged by dealer? It was ok

Problem to shift to 1st gear, but only sometimes...
they changed in this order clutch pump->clutch-> flywheel...and for now...that's it :p
they are waiting for the new flywheel, and honda's aproval (warranty)
Update:
Received a new gearbox. For now it's Ok.
more info at: Engine becoming tired of my Civic - Civinfo

·
Registered
1 Posts
Clutch failure

Car: Civic 2.2 cdti
Km : 93.500 km
Fixed under warranty? No
Cost of repair? € 1000

·
Registered
16 Posts
2.2 diesel clutch failure

I have just had my clutch fail completely at 37,500 miles and just under three years.
I reported and demonstrated that the clutch was slipping about two weeks before the service was booked in and the Honda distributer told me to continue to drive the car.
When it almost stopped working I took it back to the distributor two days before the appointment.
Now been told that the clutch and flywheel will have to be replaced and Honda would not cover it under the warrantee.
I and my wife are in our 70's with over 600,000 miles experience and never had a problem with clutches or had one replaced. Car only used in rural areas.
I will probaly have to pay to get the car back and then take legal action to recover the costs.
I have reported the problem to the Watchdog web site.

Rgds
Peter

·
Registered
2 Posts
Clutch and Flywheel

Car: 2006 2.2 Ex
Mileage: 50000
Fixed under Warranty: No
Cost of Repair: Est 1600
Acknowledged by dealer: Possibly

Car still in warranty until May, had service done at private garage highlighted problem clutch. Further investigation proved problem with flywheel. Photographed and contacted Honda, reply - clutch might be covered, flywheel will be reconditioned, est cost 1500! Also due to recent Forecourt closures they couldn't get me in for another 2 weeks at least! Appealing to customer services, not happy, skint and won't be buying another Honda next year!

·
Registered
2 Posts
clutch problem!

Car: 2.2, April, 2007.
Mileage: 40K
Fixed under warranty?: Currently in dealership for investigation.
Cost of repair: none I hope when I see all other civic diesels with similar problems.
Clutch pedal misalignment acknowledged by dealer? No mention when clutch pedal mechanisim changed at 36K service. After vibartion reported through clutch pedal when depressed ( first noticed mid 30K).
first noticed problem a few weeks ago - 5/6 gear accelerating, revs climb and then drop off between 2.5K-3K. Sluggish accelerating when cold.

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
1,932 Posts
Only 37000 miles

Car: CRX CDTI EXC
Mileage: 37000
Fixed under warranty? over 3 yrs old
Cost of repair? Don't know yet

Just started in the last few days.
In 4th or 5th gear at around 2400 RPM when accelerating the clutch slips by about 200RPM before gripping. It is being overpowered by the torque of the engine, especially with 4 people in the car and driving uphill.
Also noticing something strange happening with the ECU as occasionally when you put your foot down it responds slugishly, lift off, put down again and it goes off like a rocket!
Car had a tuning chip fitted to it 10k ago, estimated 170bhp and 325lbs torque.

Just had a thought, could this slight clutch slip be down to the front tyres sensors detecting too much torque being given to the front wheels and therefore engaging the rear wheel traction?
The clutch pedel is still bitting on its usual point and is not riding high. I also have noticed over the last 1k the engine freeing up (36k) and running better than it ever has done.

I have been driving for 38 years and can expect to get 200,000 miles out of a clutch as I treat them kindly.

Very disapointed in what otherwise is a very fine car.

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
Car: CRX CDTI EXC
Mileage: 37000
Fixed under warranty? over 3 yrs old
Cost of repair? Don't know yet

Just started in the last few days.
In 4th or 5th gear at around 2400 RPM when accelerating the clutch slips by about 200RPM before gripping. It is being overpowered by the torque of the engine, especially with 4 people in the car and driving uphill.
Also noticing something strange happening with the ECU as occasionally when you put your foot down it responds slugishly, lift off, put down again and it goes off like a rocket!
Car had a tuning chip fitted to it 10k ago, estimated 170bhp and 325lbs torque.

Just had a thought, could this slight clutch slip be down to the front tyres sensors detecting too much torque being given to the front wheels and therefore engaging the rear wheel traction?
The clutch pedel is still bitting on its usual point and is not riding high. I also have noticed over the last 1k the engine freeing up (36k) and running better than it ever has done.

I have been driving for 38 years and can expect to get 200,000 miles out of a clutch as I treat them kindly.

Very disapointed in what otherwise is a very fine car.
Tuning chip + 4 people on board + one steep hill-exact same scenario a couple of years ago all be it with an Alfa Romeo.Took the chip(tuning box) off and it was ok-I don't think you can blame the car when something goes wrong after having it tuned.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Car: 2007 (57) ES 2.2 i-CDTi
Mileage: 22,000
Fixed under warranty? unknown yet (booked in to dealers for next week)
Cost of repair? unknown
Clutch pedal misalignment acknowledged by dealer? Yes, it has been in previously and they adjusted the clutch which seemed to solve the problem, however clutch slip now returned.

41 - 60 of 756 Posts