2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

741 - 756 of 756 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Thanks. I'll throw this back at him next time. I said it was a revised clutch and he said 'NO', I am 'parts trained' and know what I'm talking about! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
So I got my reply from Honda.

'Without the clutch being stripped and assessed we would be unable to confirm the exact cause of the wear of the clutch.

I can confirm that Honda (UK) have issued no extended warranties, product updates or recalls for the clutch on your model of vehicle.

If a manufacturing defect is identified and confirmed by an authorised Honda dealership and the vehicle is covered under a manufacturer's warranty then the repair would be covered for you.

Any issue that is diagnosed as being caused by normal wear and tear would not be covered by the manufacturers warranty or an extended warranty as per the terms and conditions. Without the vehicle being stripped we would be unable to definitively confirm that the issue is due to normal wear and tear however, the advice of Collins Honda from the test drive that was carried out was that this is due to wear and they were unable to identify a manufacturing defect. Any investigative work would not be covered or contributed towards by Honda (UK) when a vehicle is outside of its manufacturers warranty'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
more torque than the mrs
6,638 Posts
seems like a cop out imo, it's a 50/50 with honda uk whether they help or not, if you decide to let another garage take on the work make sure you keep hold of the parts just in case you take it further, it's usually the pressure plate that fails not the friction plate, if you decide to take it further with trading standards the evidence will be there...good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Honda Civic 2009 2.2 i-cdti 63500 miles. Clutch failure. Sad to say but the 2.2 dti vectra I had managed 110000 and a remap 70k in before it went phht

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Car: 2.2 i-cdti Sport, 2008
Mileage: 62 000 (100 000km)
Fixed under warranty? No
Cost of repair? 2000£
Clutch pedal misalignment acknowledged by dealer? Checked and OK.

After software tuning the clutch started slipping. Changed to new Sachs DMF and Sachs Performance pressure plate&cover.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
My clutch started slipping at 54k, when I discussed this with Honda their first reply was that it was all to do with my driving style and riding the clutch!!? There was only a few chosen words I could give in reply...started with f and ended in f.
After getting some information off line and taking it back to the dealer to prove that 'unbeknown' to them there were clutch issues on Civic's they agreed to investigate, however, they also mentioned that once the clutch was out and if it was found to be wear & tear or my driving style they would take pleasure in charging me £900!
To mitigate this and to ensure I was not going to be fooled, I asked them to telephone me as soon as the clutch was out so I could come down and take some photographs.
Strangely, I never received that call but did receive a call late in the day to say a new clutch had been fitted and that it was a manufacturing fault - result!

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Car: 2.2 Type S GT 09 plate
Mileage: 82000
Fixed under warranty? No
Cost of repair? £850 ish with new drive shaft seals, crank seal. Done by Startin Honda Worcester, great bunch of guys. I supplied own DMF/clutch kit from Cox as it worked out cheaper.
Clutch pedal misalignment acknowledged by dealer? All ok.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sadly I have to joing the line. It was a bargain of a car thats why I decided not to just sell it. went for the uprated clutch and DMF flywheel so it should last a bit longer. 2006 Type S 2.2 Diesel.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Car: 2007 2.2 EX
Mileage: 73,000 (slipping at 50k)
Fixed under warranty? No.
Cost of repair? £800
Clutch pedal misalignment acknowledged by dealer? Unknown. Repaired at independent garage using DMF and uprated 325 clutch from Coxmotorparts.

Mileage: 118,000 (slipping at 100k)
Fixed under warranty? No.
Cost of repair? £400 (clutch kit only)
Clutch pedal misalignment acknowledged by dealer? Unknown. Repaired at independent garage using LUK clutch from local motor factors, assume its an uprated 325 clutch, but don't care anymore. Will keep for another year or two before moving on to something else.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Car: 2007 Civic 2.2 i-CTDI ES
Mileage: 75,000
Fixed under warranty? Nope.
Cost of repair? £1,130 (LuK clutch kit; DMF supplied by garage (presume it's from Euro); a tonne of labour)
Clutch pedal misalignment acknowledged by dealer? N/A

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yep. Replaced my clutch and flywheel in 2013. 28k miles later and it starts slipping again. Now covered approx 38k and it needs replacing. Looks like there's a know issue here that Honda won't acknowledge.

Car in question is 2007 Civic Type S GT 2.2 CTDI.

Mileage approx 107k miles.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know I'll get stick for this, and frankly I deserve it. Someone gave me a 118,000 mile 2.2 turbo diesel civic (08 plate) with a slipping clutch. (In childish anger) I stuck it in 6th, 3000 revs, dropped clutch to spin without biting for 5 seconds. (It did smell a bit). Result - has not slipped again in 5000 miles. I suspect the problem (in my case) was something had contaminated the friction surfaces. Apart from those 5 seconds I never ride a clutch and I tend to do long journeys. This is no way to treat a car and I am ashamed to say I did it, but in my case it worked. If you're facing a £1000 bill, what's to lose?

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,788 Posts
I'm pretty sure it isn't the problem on the latest diesels that it was on the first Honda diesels

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
can anyone help me got these error codes. car when accelerating stutters as if it's going down a gear but I'm unsure of it is as nothing changes. it dips down for a second then kicks back in. I have a 2008 civic ex ishift with 60k on the clock .
I been told it could be the actuator that I need a rebuild on also been told I need a new clutch kit. am I better off getting both done or has someone had same error codes that can point me in the right direction .
thanks

Attachments

741 - 756 of 756 Posts