2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a look at my fluids the other day, and noticed the clutch fluid is black?

Can't find a definitive answer as to why it is black, and there is not problem with the clutch actuation. Question is should I bleed the clutch and put new fluid in or leave it.

If anyone gets the chance can you glance at your clutch reservoir and check the colour to see if its just me?

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll get some fluid and change it

·
Registered
94 Posts
i renewed my uncles clutch fluid and the blackness stayed, one of the lads at work told me that it could be the rubber seal that have made it go black

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i renewed my uncles clutch fluid and the blackness stayed, one of the lads at work told me that it could be the rubber seal that have made it go black
I read that on other forums, but no one has 1 proven how it got black (some say seals, some say very fine clutch dust getting in via the slave if thats possible)
The thing that gets me is no one is reporting ill effects from the black clutch fluid.

I think best to change it as a precaution, I need to bleed the brakes anyway.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update-

Bled fluid. I had to remove the fluid first from the reservoir and clean out a think green sludge from the reservoir.
Clutch is much more direct feeling and positive, almost stalled it was so different to what I was used to!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts