2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 12 plate 1.4 Civic and was wondering if the clutch should have quite alot of freeplay, I've come from an 06 Jazz and never felt any free play in that clutch, any answers will be appreciated! Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
There should be a small amount of play at the top of travel; How far is it for you? Shouldn't really be much more than a cm or so.

If you can get a measurement of free play, I'd happily get one for you to compare.

Shouldn't be too major a problem if it is - Probably just a quick pedal adjustment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply, I've had this Civic for just over 5wks and so far I've had, break squealing fixed,rear break sticking,a new master cylinder and new clutch peddle box fitted and now the stop start won't happen, don't get any info appearing telling me why, bought from a Honda dealership so under warranty but my god the most annoying thing is the clutch peddle free play, there's a little play on the way down and on the way back up as I take my foot of the peddle I can feel it tap the sole of my shoe other than that I'm enjoying the car ?

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
I think that's normal... just ask the dealer, and if you're not sure, as for a 2 minute drive in a car on the forecourt to put your mind at rest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts