2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, has anyone ever experienced an issue where the clutch makes a clicking/knocking noise when the pedal is pressed down near the bottom? It only happens after the car has been driven around for around 30 minutes or so. It doesn't happen on a cold start.

I've had a similar issue on my Type S a few years ago and honda replaced the master cylinder under warranty. I called up the dealership today and they said there may be a diagnostic charge if its not a defect and there's been damage. There definitely hasn't been and the car is only a year old.

The video is too large to attach so here is a link to a YouTube upload:

·
Super Moderator
4,297 Posts
Is the pedal tapping on that plastic piece visible right under your foot?

I have a tap with both our 8G cars where the pedal goes to the floor and touches the equivalent trim piece

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ita d
Is the pedal tapping on that plastic piece visible right under your foot?

I have a tap with both our 8G cars where the pedal goes to the floor and touches the equivalent trim piece
Nope. The click happens just before the pedal is pressed all the way down and the quieter knock is heard when it's brought back up at the same point.

·
Registered
615 Posts
That doesn’t sound right. I had an audible ‘clack’ on my gen 8 that got worse after 30 min or so which was cured by replacing the master cylinder but my car is 13 years old.

It does sound like it’s catching on something. Is there trim you can remove that would give you a better look?

Personally I’d say this warrants an investigation from the dealer. If you haven’t modified the pedal in any way and have a reasonable driving style I’d say the odds are stacked in your favour.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only mod I've done is the footwell lighting kit from Rick. I've triple checked the wiring on that and it's nowhere near the clutch pedal and shouldn't cause that noise.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update in case anyone else is watching this thread or has the same issue later, dealership had a look and will be replacing the master cylinder under warranty. The parts coming from Belgium though so no idea how long that could take.

I'll post back on here if that fixes it. It worked for my Type S so should hopefully work this time as well.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Thanks for the update - interesting that Honda are still seeing CMC issues into the newer gen cars. Did they give you any details as to what the issue might be?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hi mate, was it always a click noise or did it also squeak and became firm to depress?

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
615 Posts
I had a click and I replaced the CMC, however the click returned much worse a few weeks later. I recently swapped the pedal with a used one from eBay and it's gone again... for now.

FYI this was on my 8G car but this issue seems to be common across all gens.

Reactions: Commander2874

·
Registered
641 Posts
It was always a clicking noise. It hasn't happened since the master cylinder was replaced
Thanks, mine made that noise once but never returned again. However the stiff clutch and squeaking is due to the clutch needing replacing so I've been told.

Obviously was driven hard by the previous owners!

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts