2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At about 40.000 km my clutch (2.2 Diesel) started knocking when releasing the clutch pedal, the knock is not loud (though louder than the normal "click" of the cruise control switch) and can be felt through the pedal.
It is not a constant occurence and is not present on short trips (apparently it depends on the clutch and/or gear oil temperature). The clutch is functioning normally. Anyone experienced this (and should I worry)?
:confused:

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you hear it loud when releasing the clutch in 1e gear, when taking off? Is the sound like metal on metal?
I'm not sure if it's present in 1st gear too, probably not - but perhaps I just haven't noticed. The sound isn't metallic, really - it's rather dull - sounds like the knocks of the bump stops before replacement

·
Registered
51 Posts
Had the same problem with mine. Clutch master cylinder replaced under warranty. Had a clicking too before the clunk, which went away when master cyclinder was replaced. Clicking is back again but no clunk yet!

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had the same problem with mine. Clutch master cylinder replaced under warranty. Had a clicking too before the clunk, which went away when master cyclinder was replaced. Clicking is back again but no clunk yet!
Thanks - did it also occur only with a warm engine?
As for the clicking, that seems to come from the cruise control switch so it doesn't bother me but the "knock" does (my warranty expires in December)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think I'll print this thread (and another somewhere) and show it to my dealer. They keep messing around to fix this problem but never actually replace anything and keep telling me "we cant find the problem now". I even took the tech for a drive (me driving) and you could hear the damn clunking so they cant deny it wasnt a problem to start with.

Did you guys ask for the cylinder to be replaced or did they just replace it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts