2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today when i started the car i notice some noise when the clutch was pressed. Drove the car and When i was parking i pressed the clutch pedal and i noticed a noise like a cable broke. No clutch anymore!
Some oil on the floor.:(
No oil on the clutch master cylinder reservoir.
So i think the master cylinder went.
Anyone had a problem like this?

·
Registered
639 Posts
It`s usually the seal inside the cylinder that starts to leak. You can rebuild the cylinder by putting in a new seal. User Lukits01 (Sena Pratama) can tell you more about it as he had the same issue.

What clutch are you using Nuno? Because a stiff pressure plate will eventually cause these problems. Anything more than a stage 1 clutch will wear out the cylinder. It`s never designed to handle a stage 2 clutch or more.

Paul.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It`s usually the seal inside the cylinder that starts to leak. You can rebuild the cylinder by putting in a new seal. User Lukits01 (Sena Pratama) can tell you more about it as he had the same issue.

What clutch are you using Nuno? Because a stiff pressure plate will eventually cause these problems. Anything more than a stage 1 clutch will wear out the cylinder. It`s never designed to handle a stage 2 clutch or more.

Paul.
Hi paul, it's a cooper fiber mugen clutch.
I also think it's due to this type of clutch. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
SOrry to hear thet Nuno, hope you sort it out quicly.

Is there anyway we , guys with aftermaket clutch, can avoid this from happening?

·
Registered
639 Posts
I`ve searched long and hard to find an aftermarket solution. The clutchmastercylider from a Ford Modeo might fit after some extensive fabrication and you get rid of the Honda slave cylinder and release arm, but that means putting a custom Ford hydraulic release bearing and hydraulic lines inside the clutch bellhousing. Not worth the effort.

·
Registered
639 Posts
The Civic SI clutchmastercylinder is of a completely different design compared to that of an FN2, so it won`t fit. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Problem solved. After 4 days at honda (no parts in stock)

Clutch damper - 46985SMGE41

Total 155,53 euros

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mugen clutch...

But had a problem shifting at 8600+ that is now solved. Lately it was hard.

But for me the cause was also the oil of the clutch hidraulic system. What was left in the reservoir was like mud so it had water. The dot 3 or 4 oil used had absorved water (normal in this oils). I think it was never changed by honda so it was not doing is job. So change this oil!

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Mugen clutch...

But had a problem shifting at 8600+ that is now solved. Lately it was hard.

But for me the cause was also the oil of the clutch hidraulic system. What was left in the reservoir was like mud so it had water. The dot 3 or 4 oil used had absorved water (normal in this oils). I think it was never changed by honda so it was not doing is job. So change this oil!

How many km did you have on the Mugen Clutch?? I am on the TODA and so far so good (knock on wood)..... But have my service coming now and will ask for the oil to be changed!

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Probably 25k
Im coming to that mark myself, 23k now on TODA Hi Power clutch.... :confused:

Will upgrade soon tho... to a stage 4... thats why i was looking at possibilities for a better clutch master cilinder.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im coming to that mark myself, 23k now on TODA Hi Power clutch.... :confused:

Will upgrade soon tho... to a stage 4... thats why i was looking at possibilities for a better clutch master cilinder.
Stage 4?! Its a turbo? If it's a na you don't need that even with the 2.2. I think.

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Stage 4?! Its a turbo? If it's a na you don't need that even with the 2.2. I think.
:) Not a turbo, pure N/A... maybe a tad bigger than 2.2, but not much. I did look at the stages 3.5 (CompetitionClutch and Clutchmasters) but ClutchMasters stage 4 seems to be the preferend and most tested option around with very good reviews.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Can somebody confirm that this is the part that causes the squeaking noise?I had assumed that it was the cylinder behind the clutch pedal,im positive its coming from here.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts