2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of threads on this issue, with lots of different outcomes. Some people have new clutch and fly wheel and some report noise coming back etc.
What i would like to know as my car has a mild form of this fault, is what has happened to the people who have said they will just live with it. What sort of life have they got from their clutch, has anyone with this fault actually had the clutch fail?
Somebody posted Hondas official response which stated that the noise does not effect the operation or longevity of the clutch, anybody disagree with this??

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Personally due to my own experiences with Honda over this issue, if I had my time over again I wouldnt take my car back as I ended up paying to pay for a new clutch myself.

As far as I know nobody has experienced clutch failure yet and I tend to agree with Honda that its a characteristic of the car.

My new clutch lasted about 6 months before the noise returned.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had varying niggles and issues with the clutch including squeaking and creaking from the pedal and under dash area. I know my clutch is nearing the end of it's lifespan anyway but this didn't appear to affect the performance of the clutch operation; just annoying noises.

I gave it some spray grease (either silicone or white lithium, I cant remember which one for that particular issue...) and it hasn't half made a difference. Inexpensive and got rid of the dry bits. Can't do any harm either way so wirth a try perhaps?

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
If it's just a humming noise it's just the release bearing mate, it's a common fault on both the EP3 and FN2, the bearing seems to dry up for some reason especially when it's cold, so as you hit the bite the bearing will begin to make a humming noise due to it being dry, it's not a massive issue, but it is bloody annoying!! You can give your car to Honda and let them spend ages taking your clutch out checking it and lubricating the bearing again, but it will come back again so I would question the point in doing so...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts