2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Was wondering if someoen might help me out a bit. Got a clicking noise coming when I put my clutch to the floor.

It only started today and is annoying the hell out of me, it seems to only make the noise when the clutch is right to the floor.

Have had a look from what I can see and feels like it is probably something like the clutch cable.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get rid of this noise?

Cheers, stevey_p7

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
Yeh it's pretty common mate, total nightmare, it's either needing the pedal box replaced or (I think) the clutch master cylinder, Honda will probs fob you off with a regrease first which will last a wee while then it'll come back and you can then argue to get one of the above done to sort it! I actually need to get mines in for the same problm

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car is out of warranty now so is this a big money fix?

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I had the clutch pedal box replaced and saw the bill, just over £200 (it was done under extra Hondacare warranty I had taken out). It has fixed the problem though my clutch noise was more of an eeEEKKK !!! when the pedal was depressed.

·
avfc
70 Posts
ive had this problem with my type r and thankfully it goes in today its the clutch cylinder that dryes out and all they do is either regrease it with is the first port of call or replacement cylinder i played up and told them i wanted a new replacment has ive had the car less than 4 weeks and read loads about the clutch and did not want to come back again, also i noticed a funny humming has well when pulling away in first i reported that and apparently the fly wheel needs replacing just glad its under warranty

·
Milano with a bit of NHB
446 Posts
I think most CTRs have the whirring noise from cold set off and just get fobbed off by the dealers they said to me the clutch is worn. So they can get out of paying for the release bearing fault. Dosent bother me to much as only when cold,I might put a new clutch in it if it gets any worse.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'd search for other threads on this mate, and print them off and contact your dealer and explain that this is clearly a common defect and you want it fixing free of charge. If that fails, contact honda UK.

Ours has the same problem and it's being fixed under warantee (having been fobbed off by dearer saying it' just needs a bit of greasing, or it's catching something).

You may just be unlucky that it's take a bit longer to fail, but there's clearly a manufuacturing defect for so many of us to suffer from this.

I'll post once we get our car in and back from the fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts