2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Took my car to Celtic Tuning and the clutch was found to be slipping, I guess the 300 mile trip there was the last straw for it. I'm really not sure what to be getting, I only want a Stage 1 remap, would the OEM/LUK clutch and DMF be adequate? I've been recommended the CG 666 kit but concerned about the solid flywheel, and the CG Dual Friction caught my eye too. I don't drive like a madman or anything so not sure it's worth it, I just want the extra power for when I need it.

Thanks.

·
i-Vtec
3,263 Posts
I don't think you'll find many with anything worthwhile to say about CG. Was a thread just a few weeks ago where another solid fly wheel bit the dust.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
I'd stick with a new OEM clutch and DMF kit. CG666 is awful to use and certainly isn't reliable. Despite what is advertised with the CG clutches and flywheels you have zero warranty and their customer service is so bad you have to experience it to believe it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there anything else that would be a good idea to have replaced at the same time, like the release fork?

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I would approach company like helix if starting again and ask them to design/manufacture one for you to match your needs if you dont go for oem.

I dont feel there is a single good option that exists for the 2.2.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What kind of price is reasonable for clutch, flywheel, and replace gearbox fluid? My usual mechanic said around £860 though he might not be able to do it for a while, Mr Clutch is around £920, seems a bit steep 😐

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
£250 - £350 is about right for labour. Buy the parts from Cox Honda and don't forget the 5% discount for Civinfo members. If I remember correctly a new clutch and dmf kit with flywheel bolts and gearbox oil is around £600 from Cox, so £850 - £950 all in is about right.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,142 Posts
DO NOT GET THE 666 CLUTCH OR THE COMPETITION CLUTCH KIT! They are absolute garbage and not fit for purpose. Aside from not lasting I've actually got a bad knee from the Competition Clutch that flares every so often now. My CC started to get heavier and heavier and more and more grabby. It basically shook itself to death over time. There was nothing in it salvagable when it was removed.

It was replaced with the standard clutch and DMF and the car is now a joy to drive. Stage 1 remap too.

Reactions: MrHicks

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
DO NOT GET THE 666 CLUTCH OR THE COMPETITION CLUTCH KIT! They are absolute garbage and not fit for purpose. Aside from not lasting I've actually got a bad knee from the Competition Clutch that flares every so often now. My CC started to get heavier and heavier and more and more grabby. It basically shook itself to death over time. There was nothing in it salvagable when it was removed.

It was replaced with the standard clutch and DMF and the car is now a joy to drive. Stage 1 remap too.
I 2nd this. The effort required on the cc clutch was horrific. Luckily it failed so stuck luk clutch in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts