2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
I am not happy with the feel of the clutch pedal in my new civic tourer. I just find it too small. It's the standard pedal. So I bought a set of rip speed pedal covers in Halfords and got a local mechanic to fit. Pedal had to be drilled and unfortunately he fitted it about 10mm to low. As a consequence the pedal wouldn't engage fully to the floor. We lifted the carpet and removed a little trim and it helped but wasn't right so I removed the cover this evening and put back on the rubber. I really liked my foot position with the cover on but I can't drill the pedal again so can't refit.

I've seen some covers on eBay that fit over the rubber cover and attach by putting brackets behind the pedal and don't require drilling. Has anyone any experience with fitting a set of these that wouldn't interfere with the clutch pedal reaching the floor?

Help appreciated
Cheers
Michael

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi folks,
I am not happy with the feel of the clutch pedal in my new civic tourer. I just find it too small. It's the standard pedal. So I bought a set of rip speed pedal covers in Halfords and got a local mechanic to fit. Pedal had to be drilled and unfortunately he fitted it about 10mm to low. As a consequence the pedal wouldn't engage fully to the floor. We lifted the carpet and removed a little trim and it helped but wasn't right so I removed the cover this evening and put back on the rubber. I really liked my foot position with the cover on but I can't drill the pedal again so can't refit.

I've seen some covers on eBay that fit over the rubber cover and attach by putting brackets behind the pedal and don't require drilling. Has anyone any experience with fitting a set of these that wouldn't interfere with the clutch pedal reaching the floor?

Help appreciated
Cheers
Michael
Hoping something like this would do the job?

NRG Silver Aluminum Sport Pedals Silver Carbon Fiber | eBay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts