2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else have an extremely irritating clicking sound coming from the cluth pedal when it is being depressed. I have a 2.2 diesel sport which is now four weeks old. Despite being contorted into the footwell for the past hour with WD40 I have been unable to find a solution... Any ideas ?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Anybody else have an extremely irritating clicking sound coming from the cluth pedal when it is being depressed. I have a 2.2 diesel sport which is now four weeks old. Despite being contorted into the footwell for the past hour with WD40 I have been unable to find a solution... Any ideas ?
hi,

read trough this:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1541&highlight=clutch

(and don't worry I have the same sound.. it isn't a problem, just the clutch switch clicks... I have already got used to it and I can't hear it anymore;) )

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
676 Posts
is this a clicking when you push the pedal in when it's almost all the way in? and also when you are just about to start releasing the pedal?
Yes something like that... don't worry... since I know it is only the switch I don't worry anymore and I got used to it so much that I can't hear it...;)

and Yes I have a cruise control

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
My clutch has 2 clicking noises.
First click is the switch operating
Second click is when full weight of clutch is on pedal.
Car going in next week for investigation (+ knocking front suspension)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts