2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Have you had problems with the clutch pedal?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having had the car 5 months and back to the dealers on 4 occasions due to issues with the clutch pedal I thought I would do a poll to see just how widespread this issue is.
The poll is only for clutch pedal problems - not the clutch itself.

If you vote yes in any way please state the exact model of the car too.

Thanks.

My unspecified issue was the master cylinder pin (or some pin) which was replaced. This clicking has now returned sometimes :mad::mad::scream1:

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
CC switch mate, I will keep saying it until I am blue in the face. Until they replace it you will have the click.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CC switch mate, I will keep saying it until I am blue in the face. Until they replace it you will have the click.
I would debate that (mainly just to see your blue face though :)).

The click is before the cc switch even activates. Anyway, not the place to discuss it!! And welcome back - be good ;)

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am hoping to speak to both the dealer and HUK about this issue - but obviously if it is not very widespread then it will be no use.

A car with a £19,000 list price should not have these issues - and if it does (which I can accept) then they should be rectified once and for all!

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
I would debate that (mainly just to see your blue face though :)).

The click is before the cc switch even activates. Anyway, not the place to discuss it!! And welcome back - be good ;)
The Cruise Control cut off switch is activated after around 0.5cm of clutch pedal travel (literally the slightest touch).

After experiencing identical problems to you and having my master cylinder replaced, I still had the click, after constant badgering to the service manager he begrudgingly replaced the CC switch - guess what...

Click gone, dealer red faced, apology my way, and me... :D

But anyway what do I know.

Good luck ;)

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It isn't just a clicking noise though - you can feel it through the pedal. I have had the clicking cc switch but it is not the same as it was - it's a different noise.

It's not that I don't believe you because we've discussed this in the past. I'm just trying to get figures as to how many people have had issues with the pedal.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
After a couple of months my clutch got the clicking issue, at some points even after letting go of clutch pedal, it just kept clicking, reported it to my dealer and they told me at first that nothing was wrong, however after (a LOT of) warranty work, there is no clicking to be heard so i guess they did fix it but neglected to let me know they did!!!
Cant blaim them since the list was already kind of a long one, lol.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi, ive had the master cylinder replaced in my 2.2se and the clicking is now back, i dont even have cruise control! Dealer seems to think it is an acceptable noise, but its driving me mad! Car never made the noise when new and went away for a while after the clutch master cyclinder was replaced.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
phil type r

hi i have had the same problem with my type r went in to dealers because of the clicking and they replaced a pin but two weeks later it has came back again, booked in for monday, i can feel it through the clutch pedal when i press it down at first i thought it was the sole of my shoe getting caught on the pedal thats what it felt like but i have pushed the clutch down with my hand and it is the same it only does this after i have traveled say about 30 miles and left the car standing for about 30 mins then by the time i get back home it is getting caught again as if it is a cable getting caught but i know it is not cable clutch, it also does several clunks when you depress the pedal.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To be honest I really don't think they know the answer. MR JP - let us know if your clicking does return please as there is now someone without CC having this issue.

Since I made this post the dealer has rung me once and that was just to ask how many miles the car has done.
He told me it is a known issue but the data from Honda on how to fix it (or rather what to try as he worded it) changes monthly.

If he doesn't ring back soon then I will be taking my business (and this issue) elsewhere. I am also tempted to speak to HUK about this dealer as quite frankly they don't seem to give a stuff about looking after their customers. Now, before I get started on a rant I will leave it at that. Let us know what they do for you and of course whether it resolves the issue. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Clutch pedal box flexes if badly welded causes SOME of these 'clicks'!
Mine going in on the 18th for box and master cylinder replacement under warranty.
Seems its common......

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Hi all got car back from dealers today they have had it for four days and have decided it needs a new master cylinder and pedal box awaiting parts they will call when they arrive i will keep you informed if this cures the problems once they do the work.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Clicking Clutch

ninja geezer did you take yours to westgate honda. I have just bought one from doncaster honda and the problem has just started. I live in louth so it would be easier to take it to grimsby especially if they are familiar with the problem.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
ninja geezer did you take yours to westgate honda. I have just bought one from doncaster honda and the problem has just started. I live in louth so it would be easier to take it to grimsby especially if they are familiar with the problem.
Yes i did and like i say they changed master cylinder but they said the click was still there, i asked what the next step was and he said thats it no known cure ! i mentined a new pedal box and again was told it was a waste of time so im going to lincoln honda at the end of the month for a second opinion.
good luck with yours and let me know how you get on :)

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
hi all got car back yesterday from dealers ,fitted new master cylinder and clutch pedal assembly so far so good i will keep you all posted if the dreaded clicking and clunking comes back. phil.:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts