2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone have any experience with the removal of the clutch pedal to replace the blower motor. I have already removed the centre console and trim and can see the blower motor, I just have no clue with regards the pedal.

Does it need totally removing and can I cause more problems in doing so?

Any pics or instructions would be great if anyone can help.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
i had to remove fully but was told you can do it by just mooving to side
it was still tight for me with the pedal remooved
the hardest part i found was getting the wiring retainer from the top
its fiddly and iritating but not really that hard wouldnt really want to be doing it very often but id rather do it myself that pay a garage
as for causing more problems id say unless your really ruff no you should be ok
do you have a manual it may help

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
+1 for wiring.... total pig the first time to remove.

Pedal is easy enough job though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, I don't have a manual(will have to get one sorted)I just wondered how much I have to remove to get it all out? not to sure whats connected to what till I get down there. I will have a good look tomorrow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have just ordered a manual to make it a little easier but just wondered with regards the pedal, would I need to bleed the clutch at all or is it just a case of disconnecting from the master cylinder(think I have that right)?

·
4,277 Posts
Just disconnecting it is fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update for anyone interested, I finally got round to replacing my blower motor, it all went easy enough and the job was fairly simple, the only issue I had was putting the pin back in the rear of the clutch pedal!! after about 100+ attempts I dropped it behind the carpet and had to buy another one which went in first try?? Thinking I probably just needed the break.

Many thanks to all on the forums for there help.

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
I didn't bleed the clutch when I did mine
I removed the pedal but didn't disturb the pipe just moved everything as far too the right as I could

·
4,277 Posts
You don't need to rebleed as it's sealed and you won't be disturbing the fluid.....

9 Posts
LHD vs RHD

Hi

Great tips but i'm looking to order a replacement to fit but I can only find the part for left hand drive cars and i have a right hand drive MK8 2.2 CDTI Type S GT. The part number seems the same but all the shops say LHD ONLY in big bold letters. They look the same

Are they the same of will it just not fit in my RHD Civic?

9 Posts
Hi did you just remove the clutch pedal, or the clutch pedal assembly?
I'm helping a friend do his at the moment
The whole assembly will come off.

You'll need to remove the 4 bolts holding the unit to the bulkhead and the 2 bolts holding the master cylinder to the pedal then it (with a little twist and a logical mind) comes strait out.

I'd advise getting a Haynes manual or similar, filled in the gaps you may not be able to find on the internet

1 - 14 of 14 Posts