2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 6th service done today, and told them that the clutch pedal had not been right since they replaced the clutch in Jan 2012, the pedal is not returning to the top and I have to lift it up with my foot in order to allow the CC to engage.

So I went to pick it up and they said that they had fixed it, so I thought, great news, anyway about half mile up the road I tried and still the CC will not engage, the play on the clutch pedal is not as much as it was but will still not return to the top as is used to before the clutch was replaced, so again i have to pull the pedal up with my foot as before.

I took it back immediately, and a mechanic took it out back and tinkered again, brought it back and said that he had adjusted the CC switch and was all good now.

I went off up the road and again still will not work, and the pedal feels as it did before I took it into them this morning, I.e. more play in the pedal near the top.

I thought I'm not going to keep on going back all day, and phoned them and told them that it's still doing it and that they can sort it out when I bring it in for the MOT next month.

The thing is I feel as though I may have to steer them in the right direction and I highly suspect it's the master cylinder, as opposed to the switch, the clutch pedal had been fine for 5.5 years until they changed the clutch, i have read other threads and they just seem to mention the clicking, but nothing about travel on the clutch or CC not working.

Any advice would be most appreciated

Thanks

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
now told I need a new master cylinder, absolutely great, what next a new engine?

Last adjustment by dealers has left me without any CC at all now, i suppose they think if he can't use it he won't moan about it!

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
New. Clutch cylinder isn't that related to the common squeezing problem. Will set u back about three hundred I beleive

1 - 3 of 3 Posts