2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone,

My 1.8 ES has developed a squeak when depressing and raising the clutch pedal. There is no clutch judder just this squeaky noise. I am taking the car back to the Honda dealer where I purchased the car as it ow well within the one year approved used warranty.

Anyone know what I should be asking them to replace repair as I do t want them to grease it and get me out of the dealership just to have the problem return at a later date.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I think I'll print off this bulletin and take it with me when I go back to the dealer.

I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My clutch pedal creaks when releasing it, I had a look and found that the plastic grommets (white) that the springs are seated in are cracked. I have sourced a replacement clutch pedal box and will attempt to swap it out in the next week or so. Doesn't look like a big job just restricted with space as I'm 6ft 2" and not exactly graceful. I will post a thread in the "how to" section when it's done.
I have tried all the other solutions like greasing the grommets and realigning the clutch pedal but a few days later and the creak returns. I have already applied copious amounts of copper grease to the new clutch pedal grommets so fingers crossed it works.
The replacement clutch is from a 4000 mile civic which was written off in the recent floods. One mans loss is another mans gain.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Swapped clutch pedal today, what a fiddly job that was. Took me about an hour start to finish. Not a creak to be heard. Hurray. Took some pics of the process so will start a "how to" when I have a little more time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good evening everyone,

My 1.8 ES has developed a squeak when depressing and raising the clutch pedal. There is no clutch judder just this squeaky noise. I am taking the car back to the Honda dealer where I purchased the car as it ow well within the one year approved used warranty.

Anyone know what I should be asking them to replace repair as I do t want them to grease it and get me out of the dealership just to have the problem return at a later date.

Thanks in advance.
Did you get this fixed under warranty?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The squeak is finally gone.

I purchased the car from the Honda Dealer in Stoke.
They were pretty disinterested when I mentioned it to them and advised me to go to my local honda dealer. The Stoke dealer had previously taken the car in to sort this issue and although they said they had replaced the clutch pedal box they actually only greased the assembly. I found this out when I took the car to my local Honda dealer as the squeak reappeared a week later.

My local Honda dealer they replaced the clutch master cylinder and clutch pedal box which has got rid of the squeak and it was covered under warranty.

Got there in the end, thanks for your help everyone.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I had my pedal box and master cyclinder replaced 2 years back and the pedal creak has reappeared, its worse when the cars warm and OK first thing. I was told that Honda installed new modified parts? If this developes into a click I'll be livid as it cost me over £500 the last time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts