2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at the end of my tether with this dreadful clutch pedal squeak in my new (but used) Civic 2.2 i-CTDI 2006.

I've used a whole load of white lithium grease on every part that you can see... to the point the mechanics of the pedal looks like a teenager's Barnet Fair.

I took it to a mechanic today who had a semi-good look at it. He informed me that the sound is coming from inside the (plastic?) barrel hinge of the pedal itself - located above the tension spring. Of course, he told me the whole pedal would have to come off and taken apart in order to fix it. Urgh.

I'm attaching a video here for your viewing pleasure. WARNING: if you hate nails on a chalkboard, you'll hate this:

I've followed the How-To I found on here, but to no avail. Maybe this mechanic is right then? Maybe the whole assembly would need to come out?

If anyone is in the Surbiton area and feels like they can fix this... you are more than welcome!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the same problem and my local indy garage tried everything and then found the clutch fluid had gone gungy and he replaced the fluid and after much pumping the pedal up and down the squeak went away and has not returned.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an appointment with my local garage next week for them to have a look & do the clutch fluid change if necessary. Quoted me £40. Here's to hoping and I'll report back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this problem and was driving me crazy, i replaced cracked clutch pedal, along with clutch master cylinder and flushed out with new clutch fluid which is the same as brake fluid. The master cylinder and clutch pedal are held by 2 nuts that are a pain to get to, then the hose is removed and out comes master cylinder, replace with new master cylinder, replacement clutch pedal and you will need at least a litre of brake fluid and a vacuum pump to bleed as gravity will not bleed system from slave cylinder.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
This really drived me crazy too. I also used WD40 and others but it is just for a short time, after a few hours or a couple of days at most it will start squeaking again. Once I had a look at what could be making the noise, I think it is not the whole assemble but the spring itself, when the pedal is pressed the friction causes the squeaks. My opinion this is bad design or quality of the spring being used. I also put some grease (teflon) and WD 40, which helped a bit bit not for long. I could not find any long term solution unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Mine was doing the same.but luckily car was under warranty.and they fitted a updated master cylinder ...quiet as a mouse now

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
Followed this guy and bought the Renault lube.

Fixed my squeak and same in my missus' Focus and my mates Bravo... and my front door. Top stuff :D

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-irritations/60011-noisey-clutch-pedal-squeak.html#post946481

Spray on the plastic buses, the pivot hinge and inside the master cylinder. Work it in for a minute and keep spraying some in and around.
WIPE OFF THE EXCESS
This stuff is an aerosol and turns into a gel and if any gets on the pedal or brake area your foot WILL slide right off so be careful :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
just got mine doing that only had it a day from a dealer,
will take it back as got warranty
i think mine is the barrel hinge of the pedal itself,as did not hear anything from engine side tried wd40, worked a little, think the pedal box need replacing

1 - 15 of 15 Posts