2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The master cylinder was replaced around 9 months ago,

It has not got the squeak again,

Honda won't replace due to the car been out of warranty.

I tried arguin the case and said the part should still have 12 months warranty from fitted. They still said no:/

So does any one know a fix for the problem,

Cheers

·
Reasonable Tenor voice
617 Posts
clutch

You could try waving the attached Honda memo at them, It shows that it is a known Honda fault, It might work....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just phoned Honda uk. Said it should be expected to last at least 12 months,

Got to wait for there team to phone me back,

Surely it should have a warranty as a part

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Mine was fitted last yr and started to squeak again at 11mths old, so i took it back and they diagnosed the problem and told me it would be done under warranty and we will ring you :) WELL that was 5ks ago and after this dealer overfilled my oil i wont be going back. When i reported the oil incident to honda uk they had no reports of the warranty claim and when i told them i wont be going back to this dealer they said i can take it to another BUT i would have to pay a diagnoses fee :mad:, i then get a call a wk later from honda customer services saying my dealer wants ME to ring them so he can explain why my oil was overfilled by a ltr and why they havent rang about the master cylinder, i haven't rang them and nor has the dealer rang me, so i hope you have better luck than me, saying that honda uk are actually good at sorting these problems

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Do you find your being gentle on the clutch because of this squeak (mainly when pulling off from a junction), when mine was fixed i pulled off normally but soon as the squeak appeared i would ease it out quite slow due to the squeak, it doesn't feel as smooth. It maybe me or it could actually be the cylinder that is making the clutch pedal behave funny :dontknow:

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I'm same, don't want it to pack in, I know it won't but it sounds terrible

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
:) I was starting to think it was the car misbehaving, the thing is these parts have been improved but not lasting a yr is quite poor, i've read dealers replacing the whole lot, pedal box and master cylinder and this did cure the problems so seems some dealers do it differently maybe, it's a shame there isn't an aftermarket product been made to prevent it

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Here is a nice quick fix for you....

Pop to Halfords and buy some silicone lube, put the straw in the nozzel, get on your hands and knees push the clutch in about 1/4 - 1/2 way with your hand, put the straw in the space made my the pedal going in and spray away.

Wipe any overspill and the noise will go....

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:) I was starting to think it was the car misbehaving, the thing is these parts have been improved but not lasting a yr is quite poor, i've read dealers replacing the whole lot, pedal box and master cylinder and this did cure the problems so seems some dealers do it differently maybe, it's a shame there isn't an aftermarket product been made to prevent it
I've had the pedal box replaced too.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a nice quick fix for you....

Pop to Halfords and buy some silicone lube, put the straw in the nozzel, get on your hands and knees push the clutch in about 1/4 - 1/2 way with your hand, put the straw in the space made my the pedal going in and spray away.

Wipe any overspill and the noise will go....
Cheers mate. How much us the lube?

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Mine was fitted last yr and started to squeak again at 11mths old, so i took it back and they diagnosed the problem and told me it would be done under warranty and we will ring you :) WELL that was 5ks ago and after this dealer overfilled my oil i wont be going back. When i reported the oil incident to honda uk they had no reports of the warranty claim and when i told them i wont be going back to this dealer they said i can take it to another BUT i would have to pay a diagnoses fee :mad:, i then get a call a wk later from honda customer services saying my dealer wants ME to ring them so he can explain why my oil was overfilled by a ltr and why they havent rang about the master cylinder, i haven't rang them and nor has the dealer rang me, so i hope you have better luck than me, saying that honda uk are actually good at sorting these problems
:popcorn2:

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
I was told spraying is a no no but some pump it full of grease, im sure there's a how2 somewhere.
But remember with any honda product if you tamper with it and they then decide to warranty the part they can then turn around and say sorry it's been tampered with so we wont replace it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Squeaky Clutch Pedal

Hi All

Probably not a new problem but a bit of a strange one! I own a 2006 1.8 v-tech civic which I am very happy with! Great car!

The clutch pedal has always had a bit of a squeak but lately this has been getting worse! It only happens as the clutch is biting and doesn't make a sound when the clutch pedal is depressed or when the engine is off or in neutral! Can this be cured? I tried a bit of WD40 on it and it went away for a bit but came back very quickly

Your help would be greatly welcomed guys!!

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
The master cylinder was replaced around 9 months ago,

It has not got the squeak again,

Honda won't replace due to the car been out of warranty.

I tried arguin the case and said the part should still have 12 months warranty from fitted. They still said no:/

So does any one know a fix for the problem,

Cheers
I have heard this with a BMW dealer as well on a rubber seal.
A guy I know bought a M3 and it started to rust around a door seal, he took it in and it was done under warranty, it happened again and took it back, they did it again under warranty but the third time they said it was out of warranty, he said the part was only fitted 2 months ago surely it should have 12 months, they said no the warranty ends when the cars does.
so this sounds very similar to your predicament.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Never realised that master cylinders have been changed for this before?!

Bit of grease fixed it for me... WD40 isn't good enough, make sure it's some kind of grease.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts