2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since having the car this has been happening but I thought it might be due to the lubrication but I've since lubricated the pedal but it's still happening. Basically:

Depress the clutch to change the gear, gears are smooth which is fine, no grinding or crunching or forcing them, they're smooth as silk but when I'm bringing the clutch pedal back up it stops about 3/4 of the way from the top it sticks and I have to put my foot under the pedal and force it back up. I've had a look at the pedal and the likes in the foot well but I can't see anything out of the ordinary.

Really starting to annoy me because I'm not sure if this is going to affect the clutch integrity because the clutch isn't fully raised.

Anyone have any ideas on what this could be? I've been doing some research and from what I've found it could be any of the following:

Nylon bearing worn
Master cylinder
Return Spring at the rear of the pedal

Not 100% sure what to look for but I can't see anything wrong with the master cylinder as it seems to be operating normally. My old man is a mechanic but he's not had a chance to look at it and I'd really like this sorted cause it's taking away from the fun of VTEC as I'm too busy concentrating on pulling the pedal back up.

Cheers guys.

Neil.

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had my master cylinder replaced 2 years ago it stopped the clicking for approx 14 months then the click returned so i now put up with it:(
That's the annoying thing...I can't see anything wrong with the master cylinder. I got my sister to depress the clutch whilst I had a look at it and in my opinion it looks fine. I'll get my old man to have a look at it to see if he can see/feel anything out of the ordinary, just annoying haha.

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So turns out that I just needed some lubrication on the nylon washers and spring and it's like new clutch again! Well chuffed! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts