2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, 2.2 2006 CTDi civic.. I think the answer will be, 'it's nacked' ;)

my other half's civic had an overnight difference regarding the clutch last week.. Can someone give me some possible reasons or theories?

I have just had a look and cant see any fluid leaking from anywhere obvious (Slave, damper, pedal box etc) nothing under car - but, the change was that the fluid went down to minimum (we think) and now the biting point is low and without progression now.. I have bled the slave and no real difference, car is drivable still, no slip, I told her to keep driving it for now as I don't fancy changing it really.. (I have done plenty before but)

Car is 140K and clutch is almost definitely OE. The haynes makes note of some auto adjustment on the clutch cover, I wonder if that had suddenly done something?

Just curious really ;)

John

·
i-Vtec
5,522 Posts
Might be the clutch slave cylinder seals have gone in which case the fluid will be in the rubber gator for the piston. If you can see the gator you might be able to pull back the gator and see if there is fluid in there. If it is at some point with will leak out there id expect.
I suppose it could also leak out past the clutch master cylinder, id then expect it to leak down the inside of the bulkhead behind the pedals.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Das, sorry I should have mentioned, i saw no fluid leaking from the slave anywhere, gaiter off etc. odd one really.. I can only think an 'adjustment' has happened at the release bearing, and now the master and slave are only just able to disengage the clutch.. dunno :)

I had to remove the slave as the bleed nipple and chamber were completely blocked with old fluid.. no one seems to have been in there in 16 years! re-bled the system carefully and no real difference..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have told her to keep driving it for now ;) .. will do a clutch change in the future when it goes bang! hopefully before the winter though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts