2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
well may as well do full thing if the box is out

Not if your clutch feels fine besides this issue, no point in junking a perfectly functioning part unless you are planning "to need" an uprated in the near future.

Stock clutch is fine for the usual tuned spec of an FN2 - OEM one being used here :)

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Mine is also a tad noisy. I thought it was common practise to change the release bearing when you change the clutch? That was my plan anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,728 Posts
If you are spending 400-500 on labour you may aswell do the clutch aswell because how anoying would it be if your clutch goes in a years time you have to spend another 500+ so I'm just going to wait for the noise to either get really bad or just break lol then do the full lot

·
Registered
155 Posts
Guys,

This is a well known issue. I had mine all replaced under warranty (clutch, flywheel, release bearing etc) and guess what, groaning noise returned when cold. It goes after about 5 mins and worse in cold weather. Some seem to think it is the clutch plate material developed by Sachs once it beds in. Seems to support what I have had done. I am now out of warranty, Honda have a service bulliten to state they are aware but no resolution as it seems to be a (crap) characteristic of the clutch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts