2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips on how to easily get to the clutch slave cylinder and grease the push rod ball end. Mine has started to squeak when operating the clutch. The theory is easy as the slave cylinder is attached with two bolts but access is very tight. If anyone has done this and can share their experience I would be very grateful. Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bit of a tight squeeze, if I am honest it's probably a waste of time as it is more likely the release bearing moving up and down the shaft or the fork squeeking on the release bearing... unfortunately!

I had similar until I replaced the clutch!

·
Super Moderator
1,419 Posts
Any tips on how to easily get to the clutch slave cylinder and grease the push rod ball end. Mine has started to squeak when operating the clutch. The theory is easy as the slave cylinder is attached with two bolts but access is very tight. If anyone has done this and can share their experience I would be very grateful. Thanks.
Could it be the pivot on the pedal.
Little bit of trim removal under the steering wheel and spray some white grease up at the pivot.
Seems to have cured the squeak in my brake pedal.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pedal also squeaks but that’s a different problem and well documented in the forum. The squeak I’m now getting is from inside the engine compartment and comes from the clutch slave cylinder area. It could be the clutch itself but first port of call is the area where the slave cylinder push rod ball engages in the release bearing fork. Would be simple to grease if access was easy. Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The pedal also squeaks but that’s a different problem and well documented in the forum. The squeak I’m now getting is from inside the engine compartment and comes from the clutch slave cylinder area. It could be the clutch itself but first port of call is the area where the slave cylinder push rod ball engages in the release bearing fork. Would be simple to grease if access was easy. Thanks.

If you take off the intake hose you can get to it, just as long as you don't have really large arms.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've just been working in that area (clutch bleed) and its tight with the battery left in place. I think it would be possible to get an aerosol with a tube extension in there and routed into the push rod end. I would try motorcycle chain spray which works very well on the "cabin squeak".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts