2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think my clutch has a slight slip in 6th gear, I've noticed it on a couple of occasions when changing up, the gear will engage, I put my foot down, then the rev counter will drop slightly and finally bounce back up as normal. There is also a noticeable lag in power when this happens.

I read pretty much all the clutch slip threads when I joined here and cant remember seeing anything with members specifically complaining of slip only on 6th gear. Is this the beginning of the end for my poor clutch? Or is it something else? :(

·
Registered
187 Posts
Slip 'usually' would cause revs to bounce UP, as its pretty much the same as trying to rev in gear without the clutch fully engaged, but with the clutch fully engaged =P.

Have you had a service recently? There was another thread not long ago where it was a replacement fuel filter suspected

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slip 'usually' would cause revs to bounce UP, as its pretty much the same as trying to rev in gear without the clutch fully engaged, but with the clutch fully engaged =P.

Have you had a service recently? There was another thread not long ago where it was a replacement fuel filter suspected
Funny you ask about the service, I literally noticed it a couple of days after my 50k service, this is a couple of weeks ago now. How could the fuel filter be a related problem??

Cheers

·
Registered
187 Posts
Its not guaranteed to be that, but that's the suspicion. If the fuel filter starves the engine of all the fuel it needed, something like that could happen. The only thing people have noticed is the link with the service. As said, there's another thread somewhere, I think it was called 'is this clutch slip?'. Id get you the link but I'm on my phone =P

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's definitely not turbo lag, as I haven't noticed it at any other time in just under a year of ownership. I'll try and video it on my iPhone and post it on here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts