2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch has just started slipping at around 2,000rpm under moderate acceleration, which can be expected as im now at 114,000 miles.

Just wounded how long i have until its undrivable?

Also whats my best options for getting it replaced as im looking to get a remap, but also need it to be as cheap as possible?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
If it's only just started and you can take it easy, I'd say you have several weeks if not a few months.. I've known people to go upto a year with a slipping clutch.

And for a replacement, especially if you're going for a remap, is the CG Motorsport paddle clutch.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Mines has been slipping 3-4 months now, i just drive sensibly and its fine.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
As above, mines slipping, called AA out can't get it to slip. Dad drove it, dosnt think theres a problem, not got it to slip, AA drove it, couldn't get it to slip (was with both when drove), garage took it out, can get it to slip but not all time (same as me). Just plodding on atm til time comes then CG :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Accord started clutch slipping

Hi all,
I've had my 57 plate Accord CDTi, bought from Hendy Honda in Southampton, for about 18 months now, and remapped by Celtic Tuning (after advice on here) since about 17 months ago. (I didn't extend my warranty after the 12 months expired)
I've covered about 25k miles in that time, now 65k.
The clutch has started to slip recently. If I floor it in 3rd then the revs shoot up until it "catches" and then the car picks up again.
I just wondered if anyone would advise me on a few things please:
- how long have I realistically got til I need to do something about it?
- is it worth getting the clutch replaced, or should I just look to trade in ASAP (I suppose the car is worth maybe £6k, maybe)
- if I do consider replacing the clutch, could anyone point me in the right direction of what to replace with, how much, and where should I take it to get it done.

I've read all/most of the threads on the clutch issues elsewhere on this forum, for many months now (hoping it would not happen to me), and assume it's not worth taking back to Hendy Honda to try and get something sorted via goodwill or whatever.
Therefore, I'm under the thinking of either, keeping it running as long as possible under "sensible" driving, trading it in for something newer, or fixing it sooner rather than later. Hopefully, with some responses from you "experts" on here, I can make up my mind on the best way forward.

Thank you in advance for any comments.

Regards,
Gareth

·
Registered
8 Posts
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/members/coste1l.htmlHi coste1l, and thanks for the quick response.
How much is the CG clutch, all-in, for all parts and fitted etc.?

As I mentioned, I got the Celtic Tuning remap, 192bhp (allegedely at least) and close to 300 torque. I know you've done all sorts to your car, and have enjoyed reading all about it.
If I went for the CG clutch, what else can I do to my Accord to up power, within reasonable prices, say <£2k.
In all honesty, I've been looking towards the BMW 335d or the Audi A5 3.0 Tdi as a possible replacement. But since my car is only worth about £6k, and either of these are about £16k for a decent low(ish) mileage example of the same age, it just doesn't seem worth trading mine in + £10k for one.
If there were a few more mod's I could do to the Accord to increase things further then I'd be even happier with the car and wouldn't have these nagging dreams for something that bit quicker. Any suggestions on what else to do?
I'm a big believer of "better the devil you know", i.e. I've got history with my car now, and FHSH from main dealer etc. whereas buying something new/different may just be introducing more problems.
Plus I easily get an avg of 48mpg in my car, and well over 50mpg if I'm doing a motorway run. Why would I want to get rid of a car that does that!

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/members/coste1l.html

·
Premium Member
20,381 Posts
give linda a ring for the current price but you will hsve change from a grand and that will include a new dmf :D with regards to more power i dont know how good the ic is on the accord so there might be something there? a decat and bigger exhaust will help

sent from my phone

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.