2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

After a little advice :

Had my clutch greased somewhere a few weeks after I picked the car up as it was making an awful squeaking noise. (The car had been greased before I received it, salesman told me that's all the work they did to prep it for sale apart from a foglight)

This noise has now returned again, along with two reasonably loud clicks near the top of the clutch pedal travel. Now surely, they can't expect me to go on my merry way again after undoubtedly greasing the same part up again?

Should I go in there armed with the bulletin regarding the clutch pedal issues, or is there a better way to approach this? Assuming it is even something to do with the clutch gubbins!

Thanks

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,165 Posts
Should I go in there armed with the bulletin regarding the clutch pedal issues?
Thanks
...yes, it's what I did, but didn't need to show it as the dealership technician immediately confirmed that it needed to have the pedal box/master cylinder replaced. They confirmed this on the tuesday, rang me back the next day to book me in, and did the work on the thursday. Took 1 hour, so I sat in their comfortable customer waiting area, drank 2 decent cups of free coffee and watched an episode of Homes under the Hammer. Jobsagoodun.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I rang them today, and really they were great. The lady said to bring the car in Wednesday at 11am and they will have a courtesy car there waiting for me and whatever is required will be done.

I assume she spoke to the technician who fixed it last time before she rang me up and he said it was *****.

Fantastic [smilie=superkewl.g:

Thanks for your reply mate

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well they have my car and I have a courtesy car! A 2013 1.4 Honda Jazz I-vtec.

I have to be honest, it feels like the slowest car I have ever ever driven! Maybe if you rev it out it'll go better but its only got 900 miles on the clock and I didn't want to rev the nuts off it!

The registration plate is appropriate - last three letters are F F S which is what I thought when I tried to go up a hill I can do in my diesel no problem and the jazz wanted me to drop two gears!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts