2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.4 i-Dsi S 5d 06 Plate

I replaced my CMC after the pedal fell completely to the floor the day prior and wouldn't come back up. Hadn't drove for a week before that. I can drive the car now but each time i need to change gears i need to press the clutch twice otherwise the gear knob is pretty much stiff or it will bite back. Currently at 94K miles and had my entire clutch changed at 90K so i hope it isnt the clutch again. Ive checked a few threads which indicate it could be the slave cylinder or air in the newly installed CMC. The pedal still does feel a little light, any ideas what going on. Thanks.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Having to pump the pedal is an indication that there is air in the system. This might be rectified by bleeding, otherwise suspect master cylinder or slave

·
Registered
619 Posts
Did you replace the CMC or did a dealer/garage?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a mate who I had it done from. He isn’t a mechanic but someone who works a little with cars

·
Registered
619 Posts
Ok - as suggested by @poor1 I’d give it another bleed. When I did mine 2 weeks back I raised it at the front and used a one-person bleeding kit that uses pressure. I bled it twice to ensure all bubbles were out. Failing that I’d check the pushrod length has been set correctly.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Hand Held Vacuum Pump Brake Clutch Bleeder Tester Set Bleeding Kit CarMotorbike | eBay

That is the best bleeding kit I've used, have tried 1 way valves, the things that attach to tyres, double bottle setups etc but that vacuum pump is the most effective thing I've used.

Have done a Civic's clutch and brakes on a mk5 Golf with it so far. Even if it breaks after a few more uses, I'll just get another as garages want to charge £50+ for a brake fluid change...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts