2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I'm just after a bit of advice please. I've got quite a few mods sitting in my garage waiting to be fitted in the near future ( rrc manifold, fd2 throttle body, tegiwa 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, thermal gaskets) to compliment my gruppe m induction kit and custom exhaust. What I'd like to know is: is it worth upgrading the clutch before/after I've had these mods fitted/car mapped? Or will the stock clutch be up to the job? I've got an 11plate fn2 with 51k on the clock. Thanks, as always, for your input.

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
If your clutch is showing no signs of needing replacement then I wouldn't bother. Even with the mods mapped I doubt the torque increase would be a concern. I'm sure @musegroove will confirm he hasn't uprated his clutch after similar mods and more.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Thanks for the reply. My clutch is fine at the moment so I'll leave it alone and put the saved cash towards a hondata and remap. Cheers.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
OEM clutch is fine for anything NA. Mine's done about 40k with several trackdays and still going strong :)

Reactions: Farqui
1 - 5 of 5 Posts