2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm about to buy a Flywheel and Cluch for my FN2.

Was going to by Toda, but then found out that the Clutchmasters flywheel is actualy lighter than Toda's one!! Its weights 3.47 kg! And cheaper to!!

Also, i hear the cluch is much better to use...

So, has anyone used these before??
Any opinions and reviews??

Thanks guys...

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
If you do change your clutch, you must post a 'How to' for anyone else wishing to do the same. We'd be pleased to hear how it goes. Pictures too, of course.

·
Registered
538 Posts
hello guys,

i have also clutchmasters.

i have too clutchmasters flywheel and clutch + pressure plate.
it was ordered from cpl racing.

i will build in the things whit my Quaife lsd.

i will infos and pictures write in this thread.

greetings,
Matthias from germany

·
Registered
610 Posts
Wasted 5hours of my life yesterday on one of these!

Didn't fit without a couple of hours filing the flywheel as it was smaller than the crank, then didn't dissengage so had to strip it down and fit a spacer on the balljoint to extend the fork movement!

Worked fine when it was finally back together though.

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Didn't fit without a couple of hours filing the flywheel as it was smaller than the crank, then didn't dissengage so had to strip it down and fit a spacer on the balljoint to extend the fork movement!

Sounds like a nightMare!!!

Did you fit a chutchmasters chlutch to??

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sounds like a nightMare!!!

Did you fit a chutchmasters chlutch to??
Yes was flywheel and clutch kit.
Didn't come with dowel pins either so had to use old ones which were really tight.

Kit works fine was just a nightmare to fit.
I remember TGM having all sorts of issues getting them to fit and in one case the fella drove off with his original clutch back in the car and his money back after Tom had his box out several times as it wouldn't engage!

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes was flywheel and clutch kit.
Didn't come with dowel pins either so had to use old ones which were really tight.

Kit works fine was just a nightmare to fit.
I remember TGM having all sorts of issues getting them to fit and in one case the fella drove off with his original clutch back in the car and his money back after Tom had his box out several times as it wouldn't engage!
Well, it looks like i was lucky to have a litle financial problem and didnt buy it!!!

Will do now, but gona stick to Toda High Power Single Clutch Kit!!!

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
you can buy a fidanza flywheel and an excedy stage I or stage II clutch kit. Both are very good and cheaper than toda (toda clucth is made by excedy the flywheel I do not know).

But Why are you going to install this? a LSD install also?

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to intall it all, LSD aswell.

Toda claims the High Power Single Clutch Kit its lighter than the Organic (exady made) kit!!

Its a bit of Money, but Toda Its Toda...

·
Registered
327 Posts

Below is what is printed on an A4 piece of paper supplied with the clutch, if you had read it it would have saved you a lot of time.

IMPORTANT
Clutchmasters Clutch fitting note

When fitting the enclosed clutch please add some spacers under the pivot ball to a thickness of between 1.5 mm and 2 mm.

If any clarification is required please email
[email protected] and we can return some photographs.

Thankyou
CPL Racing
Also there are dowel pins supplied with the flywheel, they were in a small plastic bag in the box, I checked this myself.

With regard to the flywheel being a tight fit on the crank, a small amount of heat from a blow torch would suffice.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Also there are dowel pins supplied with the flywheel, they were in a small plastic bag in the box, I checked this myself.

With regard to the flywheel being a tight fit on the crank, a small amount of heat from a blow torch would suffice.
1. The crank was 0.2mm bigger than the flywheel. It didn't fit.
Your telling me you seriously want to be heating up a flywheel to expand it over a crank??
It's also never going to come off again without some serious heat and hammer abuse and do you really want to be subjecting a crank/bottom end to that?

Preferred to spend a while carefully filing out and scraping the hole rather than using a blowtorch and it eventually fitted perfectly.

2. Pins were supplied just heard, they fitted the pressure plate fine but were too big to fit on the flywheel to locate it correctly.
Again removal to file down the pins but think they used the OEM ones. Other option was drilling out the flywheel holes. They are just for locating so why such a tight fit?

3. Spacer got overlooked after all the stress of above 2 points.

The clutch works fine. Just seems a lot of extra work to make it fit when others go straight on. Maybe this was a 1 off though??

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I'm very interest too about some reviews, especailly that I'm preparing to by an FX200 in the spring for my 5D, M/T ...

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have my Clutchmasters aluminum flywheel, Clutchmasters CPL-Racing Stage4 Clutch and Clutchmasters increased pressure plate on Friday by CPL-Racing received.

The Quaife LSD are also ordered from CPL-Racing!
The parts are together with the Quafie LSD on Monday installed.

Thanks to CPL-Racing and Lynn from CPL-Racing! :)

It will follow later this year EBC Yellow Stuff brake pads on the front axle into my K-Sports Big-Brake-Kit and also a TWM Performance ShortShifter.

These are all projects for this year.
More will follow in the coming year 2009!

Here are a few pictures of the parts i have already received:

http://wp1113671.wp027.webpack.hosteurope.de/Teile/Kupplung.JPG

·
Registered
538 Posts
My parts are installed.
I'll pick the car tomorrow morning.

Before:

K-Sport Big-Brake-Kit + stock pressure Plate, etc.:

stock pressure plate + stock clutch + stock flywheel
:

After:

Clutch housing
with Quaife LSD and new Bearings:

Main shaft and auxiliary shaft + Switching fork
:

Clutchmasters Increased pressure Plate + Clutchmasters ceramics 6-puck clutch + clutchmasters aluminum flywheel

My TWM Performance ShortShifter is already here on my desk and I will build in, when i have my car back.
The EBC Yellow Stuff sports brake pads for my K-Sport 330mm Big-Brake-Kit were also already ordered. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Main shaft and auxiliary shaft + Switching fork:

Have you changed this? Did you get new bearings from the Honda service and how much you paid?

Let me know how it feels with the kit from CluchMasters.

·
Registered
538 Posts
The shafts and the switching fork should be expanded so that the Quaife LSD had to built in.

It was with the installation of the Quaife LSDs also new warehouse (1x front, 1x rear) installed.
It is original stock of Honda.

About the price I can give you about it soon, if I get my car and the bill had received.
I get to all parts as a regular customer 10% discount.

I will have the experience with the parts used up report.

Here is a picture of my TWM Performance Short Shifter since yesterday I have with me:

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Man the TWM Performance ShortShifter, does not fit our CIvic Fn2,
I've already tried to installed some months ago, it doesn' fit .
I had to return the Short Shifter back to TWM.

Thanks for the above pics with gearbox, flywheel, lSD and the others ...

How does it feel now the new clutch, flywheel and pressure plate ?
How hard is it to engage it ?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Have you changed this? Did you get new bearings from the Honda service and how much you paid?
Bearings price:
Normal price: á 31.15 EURO (2x = 62,30 EURO)
My price: á 28.03 EURO (2x = 56,07 EURO)

Man the TWM Performance ShortShifter, does not fit our CIvic Fn2,
I've already tried to installed some months ago, it doesn' fit .
I had to return the Short Shifter back to TWM.

Why not?

Thanks for the above pics with gearbox, flywheel, lSD and the others ...

How does it feel now the new clutch, flywheel and pressure plate ?
How hard is it to engage it ?
Let me know how it feels with the kit from CluchMasters.
The feeling of pressure of the pedal is the same as before.

I could previously only in severe snow and with heavy wet ride but my first impression, I would like to sometimes write in this thread.

The new clutch has a very small grinding point, the relatively late. It thus extends the clutch pedal just a few centimeters to press, so you can insert the gear.
This allows both a comportable both very athletic / fast change of gear.
The order further 1.3 kg lighter flywheel makes especially in the lower and medium speeds noticeable.
The differential lock works very reliably even on wet pavement and covered.
The VSA (anti-slip control / stability control) must now work in conjunction with the LSD no longer so often intervene.
It takes only realtiv rarely, but works very well with the LSD together.

More impressions, I will of course post here again.

My EBC Yellow Stuff sports brake pads for my K-Sport Big-Brake-Kit are also arrived today:

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
The TWM SS doesn't fit our cars ... if you put it you won't be able to shift in the even gears (2, 4, 6) - because the SS hits the shifter mounting.
I wrote about this and send them pics to TWM, they concluded that I have SS from the factory :) , so I return SS back to them .
So I guess it's good only for Civic SI , but not for FN2.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-transmission/7998-short-throw-shifter.html

·
Registered
538 Posts
The TWM SS doesn't fit our cars ... if you put it you won't be able to shift in the even gears (2, 4, 6) - because the SS hits the shifter mounting.
I wrote about this and send them pics to TWM, they concluded that I have SS from the factory :) , so I return SS back to them .
So I guess it's good only for Civic SI , but not for FN2.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-transmission/7998-short-throw-shifter.html
The short shifter is fit, but it needs something on the console plastic be removed has been told.

My report after approximately 650 km:

The car now pushes in each speed is much more forward.
Once again a very large piece more than before with the Hondata Reflash ECU in combination with the stock components.
Currently I drive the Aftermarkedcomponents in combination with the Stock ECU.
The car can be a lot more agile with full tank than ever drive with an empty tank.

Even the differential lock works very reliable and you can feel it in every life situation. Especially when turning or cornering rides, but also when accelerating whether the start or if the car is already in motion.
No matter whether wet or dry it is always the maximum possible traction available.

The clutch is now especially from the stand pleasant drive away than at the beginning. The grinding point is very short, late and a sporty but comfortable.

The combination harmonizes well with the VSA.

Simply unique, and their must have feel it once.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts