2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The brain is the Stag.
The tanks are the staκο and have a capacity of 12 kg CNG.
The weight of one tank is 38 kg.
The lung is the Lovato.
The injector is of Hana.
It has been used timing advance processor is AEB.

The consumption is 4,1 kg CNG /100 km
1kg cng cost now 0,832 euro.

Consumption of petrol I had 7 lt/100 km.
1lt petrol cost now 1.32 euro

With natural gas has great economy of the car.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,080 Posts
Impressive, well done.

The tanks make good use of the boot cavity.

·
Premium Member
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought Jap cars suffered from valve seat recession so an LPG conversion wasn't a good idea?
I have two friends with civic 1,8 with LPG and don't have any problem with engine and valve.
If the correct adjustment of LPG system or cng , no problem the valves .
The setting is everything

·
Super Moderator
7,127 Posts
LPG is very popular here in australia but mainly found on taxis, buses and work vehicles.
About 580km with the LPG and with the petrol you can get 650km

LPG is like ethanol in a way.
Cheaper but you use more of it to get the same effect.
Non Ethanol petrol energy density is 35MJ/L
LPG energy density is 26MJ/L
E10(10% ethanol 90% petrol(91 octane)) energy density 33MJ/L

I hope it was worth it mate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi jimp (can't reply to your message, cause I have to few posts :()

I don't really have problems (am driving LPG).

I had some problems years ago, because of a not optimal programming of the gas map, combined with wrong nozzle diameter and lpg pressure (caused by the garage which installed the system, not a failure of the Stag system). I have an old Stag 300, from 2007, which is not optimal for use with the I-Vtec engine (a revolution dependent gas injection is missing). I had to adjust the mapping by myself.

The newer units, like 300 ISA and above should work well with this motor, especially the ODB assisted units. Maybe I can upgrade to Stag 300 ISA, without great modifings.

But so long, in this case, I am satisfied with the Stag 300. The motor rans over 140TKM on LPG and I hope it will also longer work.

Which Stag version do you have?

Bye

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Lads,

I got LPG not CNG & altgough this post should go to 'oil' section, I think it might be more relevant here.
I bought car with 100k (miles) on the clock.
- Everybody say to put 0w-30 (best A5/B5) oil, but previous owner put 5w-30 & now when went for LPG system check, the guy said, because hi mileage, if I put the 0w oil in, it will porbably leak. Plus LPG engines need a multigrade oil which is better then the 0w.
What you guys think?
I agree that 0w might be too much, but should I put 10w-40 in the FK2 or just go for 5w-30.
I posted oil questiin in general oil thread, bit I got a feeling I might need dofferent oil a bit because of gas.
I need do oil change & gotta decide which to go for.
Thanks,
Dracky

·
Premium Member
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi jimp (can't reply to your message, cause I have to few posts :()

I don't really have problems (am driving LPG).

I had some problems years ago, because of a not optimal programming of the gas map, combined with wrong nozzle diameter and lpg pressure (caused by the garage which installed the system, not a failure of the Stag system). I have an old Stag 300, from 2007, which is not optimal for use with the I-Vtec engine (a revolution dependent gas injection is missing). I had to adjust the mapping by myself.

The newer units, like 300 ISA and above should work well with this motor, especially the ODB assisted units. Maybe I can upgrade to Stag 300 ISA, without great modifings.

But so long, in this case, I am satisfied with the Stag 300. The motor rans over 140TKM on LPG and I hope it will also longer work.

Which Stag version do you have?

Bye
I have stag -4 Q next box

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Lads,

I agree that 0w might be too much, but should I put 10w-40 in the FK2 or just go for 5w-30.
Thanks,
Dracky
I am using 10W-40 over 150TKM, 140TKM on LPG.

No problems (like increased oil consumption, compression or noticeable power loss).

Oil was suggested by the service dealer.

·
Premium Member
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please put translate for this greek link..
It is true, the Honda Civic 1800cc with natural gas (cng) burn as much a motorbike 150 cc !!!

CNG vs Scooter - audi a3

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I thought Jap cars suffered from valve seat recession so an LPG conversion wasn't a good idea?
hi all
valve seat retention is quite rare these days as the more modern systems that are fitted control gas injection more effective
most problems are due to poor installation, incorrect tuning or lack of servicing
we convert a large number of accords for taxi drivers that have over 200k on them without any problems
we are converting a lot of Toyota/lexus hybrids at the moment and they are causing no problems

I converted my civic as soon as I got it as well as my previous crv and would highly recommend it with gas prices about half the price of supermarket petrol (the gas station near me was 43p a litre last week) £26 gets me over 300 miles In the civic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts