2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

just wondering if anyone knows how to code a new key for a 2007 Honda Civic Type-S??

I've had nothing but trouble so far with the Honda Dealers so am thinking about attempting it myself!!

When i bought the car it ony came with one key, which i do not have a problem with, however Gatwick Honda said they would send me a replacement that i would have to get coded!

Turned out the key they sent me was for a Honda Accord and didnt fit my lock hence couldnt be coded!

Next they sent me another key that they reckoned was the spare for my car and said it should work fine! :confused:

So i phoned em up and had a winge and they said to go and get it coded at my local dealers. I went to Alan Day Honda and they are going to make me wait 3 weekd to get my key coded!!!!!

I mean im no mechanic, but surely coding a key does not take that long!!!:?:

Any ideas on how i could do it myself or somewhere that could do it without the faffing around that Honda are???

Sorry about the big long story, but any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks, Luke[smilie=holyshit.gi:

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Get the Red H key back for £11

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
use the keycode supplied with the car, go into your local dealership and get them to get you the correct key, when its in, they code it to the car. the coding bit takes 20 mins if that. Get them to then bill gatwick honda.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts