2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what the cheapest anyone has been able to get a set of coilovers for? The cheapest I've seen anywhere was nearly £700 online and I definitely can't afford that amount. Wondering if I'd be better just changing the springs instead, which I know is the cheaper option.

·
Registered
905 Posts
There is nothing cheaper than £700 I don't think. The tdi north fn2 runs standard dampers and eibach springs and that's a fine handling car.
Even the cheapest dampers, front / rear fast road setup will cost you near to £1,000.

Best solution for your budget would be springs. Coilovers make the car more firmer but the ride quality is much better on some kits as it doesn't bounce over bad surfaces.

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
TDI north WERE running Eibach spring with the FRS.

To the OP. All you need is the eibachs and an FRS.

?THE BITCH?

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
There is nothing cheaper than £700 I don't think. The tdi north fn2 runs standard dampers and eibach springs and that's a fine handling car.
Even the cheapest dampers, front / rear fast road setup will cost you near to £1,000.

Best solution for your budget would be springs. Coilovers make the car more firmer but the ride quality is much better on some kits as it doesn't bounce over bad surfaces.
tdi were running just a spring to being with but now running tiens for the time attack series... i remember paul saying though springs are good enough for the road!

·
ex CW FN2 owner
595 Posts
Do tdi supply eibach too ?
Wonder how their prices compare to abp for supply and fit frs
Tdi are a bit more expensive than abp my car is currently booked in at abp for eibachs and full FRS, abp are closer to me as we'll and that's why I decided to go to them I got quotes off both of them last week.

I'm sure who ever you go for to carry out the work you will be happy as both places have great reputations.

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
Tdi are a bit more expensive than abp my car is currently booked in at abp for eibachs and full FRS, abp are closer to me as we'll and that's why I decided to go to them I got quotes off both of them last week.

I'm sure who ever you go for to carry out the work you will be happy as both places have great reputations.
I'm sure if you spoke to TDI they would match ABP's rate :)

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts