2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never been able to find a good (and quickly accessible) spot for loose coins in the 9G. I used to use the ashtray in previous cars. However I've found out there is an (optional) ashtray for the 9G which is part number 08U25SNV910 (shown on Cox Motor Parts website). Strange decision as there is no corresponding lighter upgrade kit for the 9G.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,257 Posts
No ashtray and no lighter.

is Honda trying to tell you something ? :popcorn2:

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,257 Posts
It's not a cig lighter socket and they advise not to use it as one but there is a power socket under the flap just in front of the cup holder/storage slider.

The only problem is that with something plugged in the flap is partially open and you can catch your hand on in when you go for the handbrake.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hm, what about to remove that flap, if it's bothering you? In my previous Nissan Tiida there was no cover/flap on socket at all :)

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I've no cup holder in mine ? should I have one? page 181 of the OM shows one!
It looks like the ashtray sticks above the sliding cover in that pic so the slide wont shut,is that right?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've no cup holder in mine ? should I have one? page 181 of the OM shows one!
It looks like the ashtray sticks above the sliding cover in that pic so the slide wont shut,is that right?
There should be a removable divider in there with spring out flaps. Yes, the ashtray will prevent the cover from closing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts