2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably the smallest "mod" ever: A place for your coins.
I used a piece of cardboard to make a mould and a piece of plastic of an old folder. No glue or anything so you can easily take it out again.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Clever! Next thing is to show us how it's done so others can do the same :D

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Is this where you have a power outlet?

·
Registered
473 Posts
top tip

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Isn't this where the 'ashtray' is? That's my coin pot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sonam

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Isn't this where the 'ashtray' is? That's my coin pot...

Mine too, I use the power outlet to charge my phone, once this "mod" is in place you loose it?

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
My bad. Didn't realise this was in 9g section lol >_<

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Lol :p

·
Registered
473 Posts
Mine too, I use the power outlet to charge my phone, once this "mod" is in place you loose it?
Plug your phone charger into the power outlet in the centre arm rest.

·
Registered
473 Posts
i use the space in the drivers door handle for coins

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In the picture you see the cardboard I used to make a mold. I also used the cardboard to place it underneath the plastic. I used a black pen to make the edges black, as not to show the white edges of the cardboard.

Plug your phone charger into the power outlet in the centre arm rest is better, as you may have noticed the power cable will not get crunched underneath the cover of the arm rest (or in this case the cover of the power outlet. Because the clever people of Honda have made a small groove for the cable there).

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Where's the ashtray on 9g?
There is a little "pot" that fits into the cubby hole, as it is next to the cigarette lighter/power outlet I guess some would use it as an ashtray but it is where I keep my coins

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i use the space in the drivers door handle for coins
That is also possible, of course. We wanted this because we both can use it and the coins can't fall out. Costs nothing, time less than 10 minutes (less than this thread, lol).

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Plug your phone charger into the power outlet in the centre arm rest.
I use the one on the cubby hole as my blackberry then sits quite neatly and the slider cover slides up to hold it in place, putting it in the arm rest is awkward, each to his own I guess

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Because the clever people of Honda have made a small groove for the cable there).

Not that clever, or they would have done a better job of the front 12v outlet. First the could have recessed it more so that your charger does not stick up so much and the holes they made to allow your chargers cable to pass in to the cupholder part are too small for the bigger iPhone/Samsung connectors... Lazy Honda, because the used the same basic layout/wiring loom as the 8g.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts