2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning was a really frosty one during which i made a weird discovery.

I started the engine and put the windscreen blower at full blast on high.

I then got out and went round the car de-icing each window.

When i put my hand on the door handle to get back in i felt a fairly strong cold jet of air being emitted from all around the triangular door handle seam. On closer inspection a jet of air was also being emitted from the bit that the key goes into. It wasnt that strong but it was fairly noticeable.

I was a bit surprised to say the least...lol

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
I read your post at lunchtime, and when I went out to my Type S at night and it was sitting running while I scraped the windscreen I noticed the same thing.

Bizarre!

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
I read your post at lunchtime, and when I went out to my Type S at night and it was sitting running while I scraped the windscreen I noticed the same thing.

Bizarre!
It's not that strange at all. When the blower sucks in huge amounts of air, it has to come out somewhere, you can't blow the civic up like a balloon. :)
So with a decent built car like the civic, all doors (and other "holes") are sealed well, so the air has to find some escape. Trough the door handles for instance...

K.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
This thing is good if you have an alarm system with which you can start the car remotely. When the car is covered with snow it will melt the one on the door handles ;)

My 2 cents :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts