2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just wondering how long other fn2's take before the revs drop to 750-800rpm?

I never paid much attention to it, but I noticed tonight my car takes a considerably long time.

Initial start up 1500 rpm
> 3 mins 1250 rpm
> 5 mins 1000 rpm

By this time I pulled up and went in the shop, does this seem a very long time? Temperature is 12 degrees tonight so its not even that cold.

Cheers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im just wondering how long other fn2's take before the revs drop to 750-800rpm?

I never paid much attention to it, but I noticed tonight my car takes a considerably long time.

Initial start up 1500 rpm

> 3 mins 1250 rpm

> 5 mins 1000 rpm

By this time I pulled up and went in the shop, does this seem a very long time? Temperature is 12 degrees tonight so its not even that cold.

Cheers.

It depends. If you leave it to idle for the times you quoted and are not actually driving the car then yes it sounds perfectly normal.

If what your saying is you have driven the car for a while and the temp gauge climbs as normal when warming up but at the end of the journey the rpm is still about 1000rpm then no it sounds like you may have a slight problem. Maybe a sensor or something but I'm not entirely sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
If that is just from a 12 degrees C start that sounds pretty normal. Each car has a preferred internal temp where the driving map runs to get optimal AFR. Factors such as the quality of fuel, initial air temp, initial engine temp, humidity, spark plug wear and air filter saturation all affect how quickly your car will get to its optimum temp and the idle rev will drop.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
333 Posts
sounds right to me, i wouldnt worry about that. type r tend to rev high at cold start up, and if you drive it during warmer air temp itl heat up faster, but if you let it sit then what you said sounds right. i dont drive the car untill the revs drop from initial start up, then i drive.
even then the car feel jiggidy/too responsive, not smooth basicaly. eletronic tb why honda why.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts