2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this problem is related to any other posts, but here goes, so I’m driving, my girlfriend is in passenger seat, “my feet are freezing “ she keeps saying, mine are toasty in drivers seat, really ? I say, of course ! says she, so at the end of a long journey i get the chance to test it, it’s exactly how she says, cold on passenger side, aircon on and off, system on auto and manual, it stays the same, whatever,
My civic is a ‘06 2.2 icdti, it had a service two months ago, but had the AC component (just forgot what it’s called) located behind the passenger side dash, replaced about eight months ago.
Has anyone had the same problem, is it connected to the AC replacement on the passenger side, or the more recent Service ?
Any help would be great thanks.

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
That sounds like the dual climate control logic has gone haywire.

It thinks you have set the passenger side to max cooling.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorted !

Finally discovered the cause, called at the garage that did the recent Service to ask advice, he asked me to move the car so he could inspect it, which happened to be in bright sunshine, we could then see the small rectangular piece of black plastic under the passenger seat on the black carpet, which turned out to be the fan inspection cover from underneath the dash on the passenger side, it was a fiddle to replace, but solved the problem, with the inspection cover off, the fan had been blowing cold, unheated air into the passenger foot well, before the fan cover had helped channel the cold air from the fan into the heater !
How it came off, I have no idea, glad it turned out to be a simple solution !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts